|Motto in English||One University, One Network|
|Students||500 (Swiss campus) |
|Location||Geneva, Montreux & Yvorne (Swizterland) ; Barcelona (Spain) ; Munich (Germany)|
The European University (EU) is a multi-campus private business school with headquarters in Switzerland. It operates campuses in Switzerland (Geneva and Montreux), Spain (Barcelona), and Germany (Munich), with an executive facility in Yvorne, Switzerland.
European University was established in 1973 in Antwerp by Xavier Nieberding and in 1982 in Brussels by Dean Dominique Jozeau. The current president is Dr. Dirk Craen, who is also UNESCO Chair in International Relations, Business Administration and Entrepreneurship. After joining as an adjunct faculty member in 1977, Craen became professor and dean at the Montreux Campus in 1985 and new president in 1998. Craen was awarded the title of Honorary Professor by the Rostov State University of Economics (RSUE) in 2012 as well as the Order of the Crown (Belgium) in 2014. Dr. Craen is also member of the International Association of University Presidents.
European University offers English-language business education programs. Programs are classified at undergraduate and graduate level such as bachelor, master and doctoral degree programs in Business Administration (BBA, MBA and DBA).
Undergraduate and Graduate programs are proposed in many disciplines, including Communication & Public Relations, Leisure & Tourism, International Relations, Sports Management, Business & Sustainability, Business & Design management, Family Business Management, Business finance, Digital Media, Business Administration (MBA), International Business, International Marketing, Global Banking & Finance, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, E-Business, Human Resource(s) and Reputation Management.
European University offers dual degree programs with the Nichols College in Massachusetts (USA), the College of Charleston in South Carolina (USA), the Shinawatra International University in Bangkok (Thailand) and received a provisional accreditation in 2013 from the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) for a dual BBA with the Jesselton College (Malaysia).  European University offers business school affiliate programs in South East Asia and Russia and encourages students to participate in inter-campus exchanges in Spain, Switzerland, Germany, UK, Austria, Kazakhstan, Syria, Taiwan, China, Malaysia and Singapore.
The business programs at the Swiss campuses of the European University are also accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) since March 2010. Programs accredited are the Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Communication and Public Relations, Global Finance and International Business, the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), the Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Public Relations and the Bachelor of Arts in International Relations.
European University campuses in Switzerland, Spain and Germany received International Quality Accreditation (IQA) from the Central and East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN) in January 2011.
European University is not accredited by the Swiss OAQ, indicating it is not recognized as a state university in Switzerland. European University Spain had authorization from Catalonian authorities to offer university accredited programs until 2007 when this authorization was withdrawn due to the lack of Swiss OAQ accreditation. European University Spain has the status of H- Institution ohne Hochschulrang in the German Anabin database, indicating it is not accredited as a state university in Germany.
European University's Spain campus was ranked at 52 out of 67 European business schools in the 2010 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) rankings. It tied for last in QS's 2010 ranking of finance programs. In 2010, European University ranked in the top 50 most social media friendly international MBA schools.
In the 2011 QS Report, the European University's Spain, Switzerland, and Germany campuses were ranked at 39. In 2011, European University ranked 6th best business school in the world for female students by Capital magazine in France.
European University ranked 8th in the list of Women at Global 200 Business Schools compiled by QS Top MBA 2013. In 2013, European University was elected top tier European MBA program and second tier Global EMBA program by CEO Magazine’s International Graduate Forum. The 2013/2014 QS Report, ranked the EU campuses from Spain, Switzerland, and Germany at 34.
European University Montreux is signatory of the Principles for Responsible Management Education PRME, the United Nations-supported initiative to inspire responsible management education, research and thought leadership.
South East Asia controversies
In 2008, before ACBSP accreditation, Sandra Davie from Asiaone reported she would have found the school to be unaccredited although the Singapore Ministry of Education had maintained its approval. In 2009, after ACBSP accreditation, an article in The Star Malaysia mentioned European University in a list of "dubious institutions not in recognized accreditation registries."
A July 2013 online article on Schweiz am Sonntag website speculated that European University would need to change its name in 2015, when a new Swiss law might take effect that could prohibit institutions lacking Swiss OAQ accreditation from using the word "university".
In 40 years of existence, European University awarded 24 honorary doctoral degrees. A July 2013 online article in Schweiz am Sonntag criticized European University's generosity in awarding honorary degrees. Adolf Ogi, former Swiss President, is holder of such a degree. Other holders include Nick Hayek Jr., Gérard Dubois, Dr. Abel Gyozevich Aganbegyan, Alexander Vinokourov or Steve Guerdat.
Former President of Switzerland and the School's Doctor Honoris Causa, Dölf Ogi was invited by the European University for the English Language Launch of "Dolf Ogi: Statesman and Sportsman" 
In July the 19th 2014, European University sponsored a TEDxBarcelona Event called "New World" with 8 guest speakers sharing their vision about the future of society, architecture, medicine and technology.
Marc Guerrero, European University's Cross Cultural business issues professor, member of the Democratic Convergence of Catalonia and vice president of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe, published a book called "Rebooting Europe" in December 2013. The book is an optimistic essay regarding the future of Europe, discussing how Europe has become a society torn between the values of the past and the uncertainties of the future.
- "European University". http://www.universitieshandbook.com.
- "Fiche descriptive - EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY, EBU SA". http://www.ge.ch.
- "EU registration in Swiss Private School Register". http://www.swissprivateschoolregister.com.
- ON Magazine Issue 1, Page 16, ON Magazine Retrieved February 12, 2014
- "Prof. Dirk Craen, UNESCO Chair in International Relations, Business Administration and Entrepreneurship". http://portal.unesco.org.
- "About Dr. Dirk Craen". https://www.academia.edu.
- "IAUP Member List". http://iaup.org.
- "TopMBA Program list European University (Barcelona, Geneva, Munich)". http://www.topmba.com.
- "Eunicas Full list of programs - European University of Barcelona". http://www.eunicas.ie.
- "My Switzerland European University, Geneva Montreux". http://www.myswitzerland.com.
- "EU programs Student enquiry". http://www.studentenquiry.org.
- "The Independent European University". http://courses.independent.co.uk.
- "EU Online MBA Program in International Business". http://www.searchmba.com/.
- "EU Online MBA – International Business". http://www.wiwi-online.de/.
- "European University (EU Business School) Is Launching a New Program: Online MBA in International Business". http://www.prweb.com/.
- "Top Business School in Europe Formed Partnership with Local College: The Partnership between Jesselton College and European University". http://www.reuters.com. 18 February 2014.
- http://www.mqa.gov.my/pasp/, Official MQA accreditation website
- "History & Accreditation". http://www.nichols.edu.
- European University Announces Dual MBA Degree with Charleston College.
- "European University - The International Business School". http://www.justlanded.com.
- "Metropolitan European University". http://www.barcelona-metropolitan.com.
- "The other EU: a university and a network". http://www.thefreelibrary.com. 2013.
- "European University Montreux - About". http://www.phdportal.eu.
- Accredited Programs "Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs". http://www.acbsp.org. 2013.
- "CHEA ACBSP accreditation for EU Geneva". http://www.chea.org. 2013.
- "CHEA ACBSP accreditation for EU Montreux". http://www.chea.org. 2013.
- "CHEA ACBSP accreditation for EU Munich". http://www.chea.org. 2013.
- "CHEA ACBSP accreditation for EU Barcelona". http://www.chea.org. 2013.
- "IACBE Accreditation Search List Page". http://www.iacbe.org.
- "IACBE Membership Status: Center for Management Studies European University-Switzerland, Quai du Seujet 30, 1201, Geneva, Switzerland". http://www.iacbe.org. 2013.
- "CHEA IACBE accreditation for EU". http://www.chea.org.
- IACBE Membership Status
- "IQA accredited Institutions". http://www.ceeman.org.
- "CRUS Recognized or Accredited Swiss Higher Education Institutions". http://www.crus.ch.
- "Official Journal of the Generalitat of Catalonia". http://www.gencat.cat.
- "ANABIN Database for Institutions". http://anabin.kmk.org.
- "Top Business School". http://www.topmba.com. 2010.
- "2010 Top Business Schools & mdash; MBA in Finance". http://www.topmba.com. 2010.
- "Top 50 most social media MBA schools". http://onlinembapage.com.
- "QS Global 200 Business School Report". http://www.topmba.com. 2011.
- "MBA's get feminine". http://www.capital.fr.
- "Women at Global 200 Business Schools: Top 10". http://www.topmba.com.
- "MBA-Rankings-Summer-2013.pdf". http://www.graduate-forum.com.
- "EMBA Rankings Summer 2013". http://www.graduate-forum.com. 2011.
- "QS Global 200 Business Schools Report 2013/2014". http://www.topmba.com. 2014.
- PRME Official Website, European University page
- "Swiss Federation of Private Schools". http://www.swiss-schools.ch.
- "AGEP schools". http://www.agep.ch/.
- "EU ADVEP". http://www.avdep.ch/.
- "European University Center for Management Studies". http://www.eabis.org/.
- ECBE Members list
- EFMD Members list
- "270 Shines College students here in a fix". http://www.asiaone.com. 26 September 2008.
- "Dodgy degrees". http://thestar.com.my.
- "Prominente bluffen mit Doktortitel (English: The prominent bluff with doctorates)". http://www.sonntagonline.ch. 13 July 2013.
- "European University, eine der besten Wirtschaftshochschulen weltweit". http://weissgarnix.de. 21 May 2014.
- Adolf Ogi book launch at UN
- "European University Barcelona and Crucero Business Networking Rock the Networking Boat!". http://www.ceeman.org.
- "European University Barcelona and Crucero Business Networking Rock the Networking Boat!". http://www.barcelona-metropolitan.com. 24 April 2014.
- "MSC CRUCEROS Y BCN BLUE PRESENTAN EL PRIMER CRUCERO BUSINESS NETWORKING". http://www.gaceta3.com. 24 April 2014.
- "European University awards MAKE A WISH SPAIN for your social work". http://www.makeawishspain.org. 23 June 2012.
- "European University awards the FC Barcelona Foundation". http://foundation.fcbarcelona.com. 17 June 2013.
- "As my Ogi crystal wandered into Kofi Annan bag". http://www.schweizer-illustrierte.ch. 18 February 2014.
- "Business students - and Kofi Annan - attend Ex-Swiss PM book launch". http://www.sourcewire.com. 29 January 2014.
- "European University Hosts English-Language Book Launch of Adolf Ogi's Biography". http://www.ceeman.org. 14 February 2014.
- "TEDxBarcelona – New World". https://www.tedxbarcelona.com.
- "TEDxBarcelona - Sponsors". https://www.tedxbarcelona.com.
- "The Women in Business Issue". http://www.ceeman.org. Winter Spring 2014.