|Motto in English||One University, One Network|
|Students||1400 (all campuses) |
|Location||Geneva, Montreux & Yvorne (Switzerland) ; Barcelona (Spain) ; Munich (Germany)|
The European University (EU) is a multi-campus private business school with headquarters in Switzerland. It operates campuses in Switzerland (Geneva and Montreux), Spain (Barcelona), and Germany (Munich), with an executive facility in Yvorne, Switzerland.
European University was established in 1973 in Antwerp by Xavier Nieberding and in 1982 in Brussels by Dean Dominique Jozeau. The current president and UNESCO Chair in International Relations, Business Administration and Entrepreneurship is Dr. Dirk Craen. After joining as an adjunct faculty member in 1977, Craen became professor and dean at the Montreux Campus in 1985 and new president in 1998. Craen was awarded the title of Honorary Professor by the Rostov State University of Economics (RSUE) in 2012 as well as the Order of the Crown (Belgium) in 2014. Dr. Craen is also member of the International Association of University Presidents.
European University offers English-language business education programs. Programs are classified at undergraduate and graduate level and include bachelor's, masters and doctoral degree programs in Business Administration (BBA, MBA and DBA).
Undergraduate and graduate programs are proposed in many disciplines, including Communication & Public Relations, Leisure & Tourism, International Relations, Sports Management, Business & Sustainability, Business & Design Management, Family Business Management, Business Finance, Digital Media, Business Administration (BBA), International Business, International Marketing, Global Banking & Finance, Entrepreneurship, Leadership, E-Business, Human Resource(s) and Reputation Management.
European University offers dual degree programs with the Nichols College in Massachusetts (USA), Shinawatra International University in Bangkok (Thailand). They received a provisional accreditation in 2013 from the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) for a dual BBA with the Jesselton College (Malaysia).  European University offers business school affiliate programs in South East Asia and Russia and encourages students to participate in inter-campus exchanges in Spain, Switzerland, Germany, UK, Russia, Kazakhstan, Taiwan, China, USA, Malaysia and Thailand.
The business programs at the Swiss campuses of the European University have also been accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) since March 2010. Programs accredited are the Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Communication and Public Relations, Global Finance and International Business, the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), the Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Public Relations and the Bachelor of Arts in International Relations.
European University campuses in Switzerland, Spain and Germany received International Quality Accreditation (IQA) from the Central and East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN) in January 2011.
European University is not accredited as one of Switzerland's state universities by the OAQ. An article on Schweiz am Sonntag website speculated the school might need to change its name if a new Swiss law were to take effect prohibiting institutions from using the word "university". European University had authorization from Catalonian authorities to offer university accredited programs until 2007. In Germany, European University Spain is not accredited as a state university by ANABIN.
European University's Spain campus was ranked at 52 out of 67 European business schools in the 2010 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) rankings. It tied for last in QS's 2010 ranking of finance programs. In 2010, European University ranked in the top 50 most social media friendly international MBA schools.
In the 2011 QS Report, the European University's Spain, Switzerland, and Germany campuses were ranked at 39. In 2011, European University ranked 6th best business school in the world for female students by Capital magazine in France.
European University ranked 8th in the list of Women at Global 200 Business Schools compiled by QS Top MBA 2013. In 2013, European University was elected top tier European MBA program and second tier Global EMBA program by CEO Magazine’s International Graduate Forum. The 2013/2014 QS Report, ranked the EU campuses from Spain, Switzerland, and Germany at 33.
European University ranked 3rd in Switzerland, behind IMD and the University of St. Gallen in the QS Global 200 Business Schools Report 2013/14. The rating provides an overview of selected business schools by over 2,000 employers who actively recruit MBA graduates.
European University has campuses in Geneva, Montreux, Munich and Barcelona and a set of worldwide partner institutions. All campuses follow an identical curriculum taught in English allowing students to easily transfer between different countries.
The Geneva campus is located five minutes away from Lake Geneva and a few kilometers away from the French and Swiss Alps. The city is home to United Nations and World Trade Organization offices to name a few. The campus has WiFi and facilities including an on-site computer suite and library.
The Munich campus is located close to the city center in the capital of the southern German region of Bavaria. Courses are delivered through state-of-the-art facilities. WiFi and on-site computer suites with on-demand access to ProQuest are available for students.
The Barcelona campus is located in La Bonanova, ten minutes away from the city center. All classrooms are equipped with SMART boards, WiFi access, computer suites and access to the ProQuest e-library.
European University Montreux is a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME), the United Nations-supported initiative to inspire responsible management education, research and thought leadership.
European University is an institution member of the “Consejo latinoamericano de Escuelas de Administración”. It also offers a Certificate program in Corporate Social Responsibility together with the International Labour Organization.
In 2012, European University launched a Bachelor of Arts in Sustainability Management.
In 40 years of existence, European University has awarded 24 honorary doctoral degrees. A July 2013 online article in Schweiz am Sonntag criticised the university for "generosity" in awarding those honorary degrees.
On June 25th 2014, Doha Bank's CEO Dr. R. Seetharaman received a PhD in Global Governance from European University. Former President of Switzerland, Adolf Ogi received such a degree too and was invited by the school for the English Language Launch of his book "Dolf Ogi: Statesman and Sportsman" 
Marc Guerrero, European University's Cross Cultural Business Issues professor, member of the Democratic Convergence of Catalonia and vice president of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe, published a book called "Rebooting Europe" in December 2013. It is an optimistic essay regarding the future of Europe, discussing how Europe has become a society torn between the values of the past and the uncertainties of the future.
- "European University". http://www.universitieshandbook.com.
- "Fiche descriptive - EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY, EBU SA". http://www.ge.ch.
- "EU registration in Swiss Private School Register". http://www.swissprivateschoolregister.com.
- ON Magazine Issue 1, Page 16, ON Magazine Retrieved February 12, 2014
- "Prof. Dirk Craen, UNESCO Chair in International Relations, Business Administration and Entrepreneurship". http://portal.unesco.org.
- "About Dr. Dirk Craen". https://www.academia.edu.
- "IAUP Member List". http://iaup.org.
- "TopMBA Program list European University (Barcelona, Geneva, Munich)". http://www.topmba.com.
- "Eunicas Full list of programs - European University of Barcelona". http://www.eunicas.ie.
- "My Switzerland European University, Geneva Montreux". http://www.myswitzerland.com.
- "EU programs Student enquiry". http://www.studentenquiry.org.
- "The Independent European University". http://courses.independent.co.uk.
- "EU Online MBA Program in International Business". http://www.searchmba.com/.
- "EU Online MBA – International Business". http://www.wiwi-online.de/.
- "European University (EU Business School) Is Launching a New Program: Online MBA in International Business". http://www.prweb.com/.
- "Top Business School in Europe Formed Partnership with Local College: The Partnership between Jesselton College and European University". http://www.reuters.com. 18 February 2014.
- http://www.mqa.gov.my/pasp/, Official MQA accreditation website
- "History & Accreditation". http://www.nichols.edu.
- "European University Announces Dual MBA Degree with Charleston College".
- "European University - The International Business School". http://www.justlanded.com.
- "Metropolitan European University". http://www.barcelona-metropolitan.com.
- "The other EU: a university and a network". http://www.thefreelibrary.com. 2013.
- "European University Montreux - About". http://www.phdportal.eu.
- Accredited Programs "Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs". http://www.acbsp.org. 2013.
- "CHEA ACBSP accreditation for EU Geneva". http://www.chea.org. 2013.
- "CHEA ACBSP accreditation for EU Montreux". http://www.chea.org. 2013.
- "CHEA ACBSP accreditation for EU Munich". http://www.chea.org. 2013.
- "CHEA ACBSP accreditation for EU Barcelona". http://www.chea.org. 2013.
- "IACBE Accreditation Search List Page". http://www.iacbe.org.
- "IACBE Membership Status: Center for Management Studies European University-Switzerland, Quai du Seujet 30, 1201, Geneva, Switzerland". http://www.iacbe.org. 2013.
- "CHEA IACBE accreditation for EU". http://www.chea.org.
- IACBE Membership Status
- "IQA accredited Institutions". http://www.ceeman.org.
- "Prominente bluffen mit Doktortitel (English: The prominent bluff with doctorates)". http://www.sonntagonline.ch. 13 July 2013.
- "CRUS Recognized or Accredited Swiss Higher Education Institutions". http://www.crus.ch.
- "Official Journal of the Generalitat of Catalonia". http://www.gencat.cat.
- "ANABIN Database for Institutions". http://anabin.kmk.org.
- "Top Business School". http://www.topmba.com. 2010.
- "2010 Top Business Schools & mdash; MBA in Finance". http://www.topmba.com. 2010.
- "Top 50 most social media MBA schools". http://onlinembapage.com.
- "QS Global 200 Business School Report". http://www.topmba.com. 2011.
- "MBA's get feminine". http://www.capital.fr.
- "Women at Global 200 Business Schools: Top 10". http://www.topmba.com.
- "MBA-Rankings-Summer-2013.pdf". http://www.graduate-forum.com.
- "EMBA Rankings Summer 2013". http://www.graduate-forum.com. 2011.
- "QS Global 200 Business Schools Report 2013/2014". http://www.topmba.com. 2014.
- "QS 2013-14 Business Schools Report".
- "Swiss Federation of Private Schools". http://www.swiss-schools.ch.
- "AGEP schools". http://www.agep.ch/.
- "EU ADVEP". http://www.avdep.ch/.
- "European University HACU". http://www.hacu.net.
- "European University Center for Management Studies". http://www.eabis.org/.
- ECBE Members list
- EFMD Members list
- "European University". http://www.montreuxriviera.com.
- "European University Business School". http://www.sforstudy.com.
- "European University Accreditation – Campus of the European University". https://www.academia.edu.
- "Swiss University Business Courses in English". http://www.learn4good.com.
- "Triple accredited European university provides unmatched choice for its students". http://benandtournasol.com. 22 March 2014.
- "Details for European University PRME". http://www.unprme.org.
- "Letter of renewed commitment European University". http://www.unprme.org.
- "European University destaca pertenencia a CLADEA". http://www.cladea.org.
- "European University CLADEA". http://www.cladea.org.
- "European University and the International Labour Organization offer the second joint CSR Certificate Program". http://www.cladea.org.
- "Green Cross receives Sustainability Award from European University". http://www.gcint.org.
- "European University pushes for a sustainable world". http://www.ceeman.org.
- "Doha Bank CEO received PhD in Global Governance from European University". http://www.timeskuwait.com. 6 July 2014.
- "As my Ogi crystal wandered into Kofi Annan bag". http://www.schweizer-illustrierte.ch. 18 February 2014.
- "Business students - and Kofi Annan - attend Ex-Swiss PM book launch". http://www.sourcewire.com. 29 January 2014.
- "European University Hosts English-Language Book Launch of Adolf Ogi's Biography". http://www.ceeman.org. 14 February 2014.
- "European University, eine der besten Wirtschaftshochschulen weltweit". http://weissgarnix.de. 21 May 2014.
- Adolf Ogi book launch at UN
- "European University Barcelona and Crucero Business Networking Rock the Networking Boat!". http://www.ceeman.org.
- "European University Barcelona and Crucero Business Networking Rock the Networking Boat!". http://www.barcelona-metropolitan.com. 24 April 2014.
- "MSC CRUCEROS Y BCN BLUE PRESENTAN EL PRIMER CRUCERO BUSINESS NETWORKING". http://www.gaceta3.com. 24 April 2014.
- "European University awards MAKE A WISH SPAIN for your social work". http://www.makeawishspain.org. 23 June 2012.
- "European University awards the FC Barcelona Foundation". http://foundation.fcbarcelona.com. 17 June 2013.
- "En marcha el Distrito de Conocimiento". http://w110.bcn.cat. 16 December 2013.
- "La URL participa en el acto de bienvenida a los alumnos internacionales del distrito de Sarrià-Sant Gervasi". http://www.url.edu.
- "TEDxBarcelona – New World". https://www.tedxbarcelona.com.
- "TEDxBarcelona - Sponsors". https://www.tedxbarcelona.com.
- "The Women in Business Issue". http://www.ceeman.org. Winter–Spring 2014.