|Native name||ফয়সাল ইসলাম|
|Born||1978 (age 35–36)
|Alma mater||Manchester Grammar School,
Trinity College, Cambridge,
City University London
|Occupation||Economics editor and correspondent|
|Employer||Channel 4 News|
|Notable credit(s)||The Observer,
Channel 4 News
Islam was educated at Manchester Grammar School, a boys’ independent school in Manchester, followed by Trinity College, Cambridge. In 2000, he graduated from City University in London, with a Post Graduate Diploma in Newspaper Journalism.
Islam was the economics correspondent for The Observer newspaper. He is now the economics correspondent for Channel 4 News, after being business correspondent since May 2004. He reports on the ups and downs of the corporate world from government-subsidised arms dealers and failing PFI contracts to how bankers are trading weather.
In January 2007, he was the winner of the year’s Broadcast News Journalism Award at the Workworld Media Awards.
In May 2009, Islam received the Wincott Foundation’s award for Best Television Coverage of a Topical Issue, won particularly for his work on the growing financial problems of the Icelandic Banks. The judges said of the report "...here was something really new, completely convincing, with a stellar interview and free of many of the visual clichés which characterised too many financial programmes." In 2009, he was awarded the Business Journalist of the Year, as well as the BJOYA award for "Best Broadcast Story" - again for his report on the Icelandic Banks.
In January 2010, he was named "Broadcast News Reporter of the Year" by the WorkWorld Foundation for 2009 - with the judges saying; "his excellent writing converts abstract economics to something accessible to all, informing viewers in a compelling and original way."
- 'Stop Aping the US, Gordon'.
- 'Arms subsidies cost UK jobs'.
- 'Now he’s taking on the world'.
- 'The great generational robbery'.
- "Twitter: Faisal Islam". Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- "Faisal Islam". Channel 4 News. Retrieved 11 June 2010.
- "Channel4 News". channel4.com. Archived from the original on 29 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-13.
- "Faisal Islam wins Broadcast News Journalism Award". channel4.com. Retrieved 13 November 2008.
- "The Work Foundation".
- Islam, Faisal (2 August 2002). "Stop aping the US, Gordon". New Statesman. Retrieved 13 November 2008.
- Islam, Faisal (18 April 2008). "Arms subsidies cost UK jobs". London: The Guardian . Retrieved 13 November 2008.
- Islam, Faisal (19 September 2004). "Now he’s taking on the world". The Guardian . Retrieved 13 November 2008.
- Islam, Faisal (5 March 2007). "The great generational robbery". New Statesman. Retrieved 13 November 2008.