- This artist uses Zardonic as one of his stage names. You may be looking for the word Sardonic.
|Federico Ágreda (Zardonic)|
|Birth name||Federico Augusto Ágreda Álvarez|
|Also known as||Zardonic
|Born||22 October 1985
Barquisimeto, Lara, Venezuela
|Genres||Drum and Bass
|Occupations||DJ, Record Producer, Composer, Remixer|
Federico Augusto Ágreda Álvarez, best known as Zardonic, is a Venezuelan keyboardist, DJ, composer, producer and remixer primarily known for his drum and bass act with remixes for Nine Inch Nails, The Berzerker and Gorgoroth, as well as original releases in Dieselboy's Human Imprint label and Skrillex's OWSLA label.
His tour history includes headlining events in his native country as well as Colombia, Ecuador, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Portugal, Spain, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Italy, Romania, Bulgaria, Russia and Japan.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Discography (incomplete)
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
- 6 Audio links
Early career (2001-2005)
Using the Gore Priest moniker, Federico recorded his first demo in 2001, followed by an unreleased album in 2002 entitled Beneath Eternal Oceans Of Melancholy. Soon after, he recorded two environmental noise albums entitled Astral Chambers and Soulnatomy under the Intimus Universum alias. In 2003, Venezuelan label Melomaniac Metalmedia Records released his first album entitled War Against Humanity: The Armageddon Chronicles. The album consisted of an imitation of guitar sounds through synthesizers, which earned him the Best Keyboardist award in the Premios Metal Hecho en Venezuela 2002-2003 (Metal Made In Venezuela Awards 2002-2003).
Federico's first tracks as Zardonic were composed in 2004 and 2005, respectively in the albums Subsonic Stigmata and Red Phasing, made available through VeNet Music Development, a netlabel which released most of his early works. His remix of Impaled's track Gutless was also freely released this year on the band's website.
First international events and worldwide releases (2006-2008)
In 2006 Zardonic's first tracks were released through Death Brigade Records in 12" vinyl format, becoming the first Venezuelan drum and bass producer to release a single in an international imprint. Later this year, he also founded Zardonic Recordings, an independent drum and bass netlabel. His remix of Avulsed's track Stabwound Orgasm was included on their compilation album entitled Reanimations and a remix of Gorgoroth's track Procreating Satan was freely released through the band's website.
In 2007 he was booked for his first international event in Mexico on the 19th of May. Months later AK1200, pioneer of the American Drum & Bass scene, selected Zardonic's Moonlight Ceremony for his Weapons of Tomorrow mixed compilation CD. Soon after, his tunes earned the support of international performers such as Dieselboy, Pendulum and John B.
In 2008, he composed an Industrial Metal album as Blackholepit, entitled Portals, published through James Fogarty's Death To Music Productions netlabel, referenced as "the 1992 cross-over album from Varg Vikernes (Burzum) and Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) that never happened". A compilation of Zardonic's previous black metal oriented demos was also released later this year, entitled Chaotic Serenity. Later on, his remix of The Berzerker's Caught In The Crossfire was featured on the Digipak edition of the band's album The Reawakening. In December, he was featured both as Zardonic and Klipp in the Venezuela Electrónica Vol. 3 compilation, sponsored by Venezuelan wireless telecommunications company Digitel GSM and Motorola, by selling the new MOTOROKR EM30 mobile phone model together with a microSD card including all the tracks.
Policia, Human Imprint, European Tour (2009-2011)
2009 marked the release of his track Policia, featuring James Messinian on vocals, through American label Cymbalism Recordings, becoming his first worldwide dancefloor hit, played by globetrotters like Andy C and DJ Hype. Soon after, Big Riddim Recordings released Zardonic's remix of AK1200's classic Junior's Tune, and being commissioned by Dieselboy to do sound design for the Planet of the Drums 10th Anniversary Tour video intro. In a Dieselboy interview for Broken Beats on May 8, Zardonic was named as one of the five outstanding artists in Drum & Bass at the time.
In 2010, Zardonic toured Europe compiling a total of 12 gigs in Spain, Austria, Romania and Bulgaria. Shortly after, his studio mix Retaliation was released on drum and bass web site Dogsonacid.com paired with an in-depth interview. The first Human Imprint release also happened this year, entitled South Of Human EP. Later on, he headlined two Therapy Sessions events in Ecuador and Argentina, as well as more gigs in Colombia and Venezuela. By the end of December, he also founded Saturnoculto Records, sister label of Zardonic Recordings.
In 2011, Zardonic got three tracks included in Dieselboy's latest studio mix entitled Unleashed. Later on, his release "The Last Invocation" was picked on Beatport's 10 Must Hear Drum & Bass Tracks - Week 17 chart. Later on, he released a dark ambient album as Triangular Ascension entitled Leviathan Device through Cyclic Law label. For the month of March it was picked by The Silent Ballet and reviewed as "a spell of torpor and muck that ensnares the listener like quicksand".
Furthermore, his track "Scream!" was picked as part of the Trackitdown.Net One For The Weekend - 15th July 2011 - 50 Of The Biggest Recommendations For Your Mix bundle, together with tracks from artists like Paul Oakenfold, Lazy Rich, Darth & Vader, Teebee, Scott Brown, and many more. The social networking website VampireFreaks.com released a free compilation with a total of 36 rare tracks by various artists including KMFDM, Suicide Commando and Left Spine Down, as well as Zardonic's mix of the track "Ready Or Not" by the latter.
Vulgar Display Of Bass, Revolution and stage show costume (2012)
In 2012, Zardonic announced the release of a Full Length collaboration album entitled Vulgar Display Of Bass on March 26 through Big Riddim Recordings, paired with a European tour for April and May. Highly acclaimed upon release, the album reached #1 on the Top Drum & Bass releases on leading online music store Beatport. An official video for the opening track Revolution was produced and made public through video hosting network YouTube on April 10. The video consisted of a collage of crowd-based footage showing their country flags, with a total of 46 countries participating.
The artist also revealed a new set of pictures wearing a mask based on the Zardonic logo, as a part of his stage show to be seen on Dimmu Borgir's concert in Caracas as the opening act for the band. Four of his new tracks were included again on Dieselboy's new mixtape for the year entitled Wake The Dead and a new collaboration track with UK dubstep duo Bare Noize was included on a compilation album to be released in March 13 by OWSLA, a label helmed by the 3-time grammy winner Skrillex.
The same date of the album release, Drum & Bass duo State Of Mind released a free album entitled "State Of Mind: Live!", including Zardonic's remix of their classic "The Jackal". Later in the year, Zardonic celebrated his Latin American Tour 2012 with 26 stops in Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Brasil, Argentina, Chile, Panama, Costa Rica, Honduras, Guatemala and Mexico, as well as headlining the Halloween Revolution event held in Tokyo, Japan.
Far Beyond Bass - The Vulgar Remixes (2013)
A remix album to the original Vulgar Display Of Bass was released in June 17, including a total of 12 reworks by Eye-D, Counterstrike, ANiMAL-MUSiC, Raptus, Neonlight, Black Sun Empire, State Of Mind, Angel, Gancher & Ruin, C-Netik & Fragz, Hectic Mau, Delta 9, Fiend and Hecq. New shows were celebrated in Belgium, Austria, Mexico, Guatemala and El Salvador; followed by the announcement of the Europa Beyond Bass Tour 2013 with 18 stops in Portugal, France, Austria, Czech Republic, Italy and Russia.
- 2013: When All The Seraphim Cry" (with The Unguided) Single
- 2013: Far Beyond Bass - The Vulgar Remixes Album
- 2012: Bad Medicine (with NumberNin6) EP
- 2012: Vulgar Display Of Bass Album
- 2012: Without You (with Krusha) Single
- 2012: Subliminal (with Hedj) / Paranoia (Remix) Single
- 2011: The End Of Days EP
- 2011: El Sistema EP
- 2011: Biohazard (with Davip) / Scream! (with Gancher and Jae Kennedy)
- 2011: Reptile (with Dextems) / The Last Invocation (with Susiah)
- 2011: When Worlds Collide (with Counterstrike)
- 2011: The Brink Of Apocalypso Studio Mix
- 2010: South Of Human EP
- 2010: Lovecraft Machine EP
- 2010: Retaliation Studio Mix
- 2010: My Prey (with Syze) / Frozen Pathways VIP Single
- 2010: Dreams (with Syze) / Dead Miracles Single
- 2010: F***ing Up The Program (with Brainpain) Single
- 2009: The Sound Of Inevitability Studio Mix
- 2009: Subliminal (with Hedj) Single
- 2009: The Law Single
- 2009: Stop The Suffering (with Alcrani) / Alerte Rouge (with Peter Kurten) EP
- 2009: Policia (with James Messinian) / Fresh Meat Single
- 2009: Those Who Know The Truth EP
- 2009: Zeichen (with Mocks) Single
- 2008: Subcultonegro Studio Mix
- 2008: Halfbeaten / Nightcrawler EP
- 2008: Relentless Beating Single
- 2008: Zen (with Claw) Single
- 2008: Chaotic Serenity EP
- 2008: Bloodforged EP
- 2008: Shrapnel Of Fear Single
- 2008: Ashtray Single
- 2008: Neurotica (with Identity) / Natural Born Killers (with Malsum) EP
- 2008: Acid Industries / Reliquia / Braindrainer EP
- 2008: Solaris Single
- 2007: House Of Sorrow / Moonlight Ceremony EP
- 2007: Seizure Of Iniquity Single
- 2006: Her Lust For Blood / Scourge EP
- 2006: Inherit Single
as Sol Nocturno
- 2010: Caos Cósmico Full Length
as Triangular Ascension
- 2012: The Chronos Anomaly Full Length
- 2011: Leviathan Device Full Length
- 2011: Sexta Repvblica EP
- 2010: Nibirusalem EP
- 2009: Microcosmogenesis EP
- 2008: Portals Full Length
as Intimus Universum
- 2008: White Landscapes Of Darkness Full Length
- 2004: Astral Chambers Pt. 2: Beyond The Astral Abyss Full Length
- 2003: Soulnatomy Full Length
- 2002: Astral Chambers Full Length
- 2004: Thanatologica Full Length
- 2004: Perpetual Horizons Full Length
- 2003: War Against Humanity: The Armageddon Chronicles Full Length
- 2002: Beneath Eternal Oceans Of Melancholy Demo
- "Zardonic << Destroy Planet Human". Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "OWSLA Presents - Free Treats Vol. 2". Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- "Zardonic incluído en compilado de Skrillex". Retrieved 9 September 2013.
- "Zardonic comienza gira latinoamericana". Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Cresta Metálica Producciones - Zardonic de Latinoamérica a Japón!!!". Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Zardonic anuncia tour por Europa en marzo". Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Hellhound Music Zardonic tours Europe, releases new EP and gives away 3 tracks". Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Gore Priest Biography". Dargothar.com. Retrieved 10 March 2011.
- "Gore Priest - War Against Humanity: The Armageddon Chronicles (CD Info)". Sincopa. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- "Premios Metal Hecho en Venezuela 2002-2003". Ariah Records. January 17, 2004. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "Gore Priest Discography". Dargothar.com. Retrieved 10 March 2011.
- "Gutless a la DJ Zardonic". Impaled on MySpace. Retrieved 10 March 2011.
- "Subsonik Sound Recordings". Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "Zardonic Releases Rare Grooves 3". Knowledge Magazine. February 15, 2011. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "Avulsed - Reanimations (CD) at Discogs". Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "BLABBERMOUTH.NET - GORGOROTH Begin Recording Vocals For New Album". Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "Zardonic (Venezuela) 19 May 2007". Drumandbass.com.mx. May 23, 2008. Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "AK1200 - Weapons Of Tomorrow (CD) at Discogs". Discogs. October 23, 2007. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "ORDER IN KAOS DIGITAL". Order In Kaos. November 29, 2010. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- "Federico Agreda Speaks...". DEATH TO MUSIC. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- "Download Blackholepit's New Album For Free". Metal Underground.com. May 19, 2008. Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "Zardonic's "Chaotic Serenity" EP For Free Download". Metal Underground.com. June 17, 2008. Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "Berzerker, The - The Reawakening (CD, Album) at Discogs". Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "Venezuela Electrónica Vol. 3". Diverso Magazine. December 3, 2008. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- "DJ Zardonic edita el sencillo Policia". Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "Melting Pot Records - Artista - Musikaze.com". Melting Pot Records. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- "Juniors Tune (Remixes) at Juno Records". Juno.co.uk. November 9, 2009. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "Interview with The Upbeats and Dieselboy". Broken Beats. August 5, 2009. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "Raid Over Europa Tour". Dropdread. February 22, 2010. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "DOGS ON ACID AND ZARDONIC PRESENT RETALIATION". Dogs On Acid. May 24, 2010. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "South Of Human EP at Juno Records". Juno.co.uk. August 16, 2010. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "THERAPY SESSIONS ECUADOR: THE DARK SIDE OF DRUM & BASS". Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "18 de Diciembre - THERAPY SESSIONS ARGENTINA". Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "ZARDONIC(RAVE)/CHITE(ROCK) @ UNIAPEL". Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "ZARDONIC RECORDINGS LANZA SU DISQUERA "SATURNOCULTO RECORDS"". Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "Dieselboy Unleashes New Studio Mix". Knowledge Magazine. February 1, 2011. Retrieved 25 February 2011.
- "10 Must Hear Drum & Bass Tracks". Retrieved 20 May 2011.
- "TRIANGULAR ASCENSION "Leviathan Device" (34th Cycle)". Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "TSB Reviews". Retrieved 6 March 2011.
- "One For The Weekend - 15th July 2011 - 50 Of The Biggest Recommendations For Your Mix". Retrieved 17 July 2011.
- "VampireFreaks.com - Download Cry For Death Volume One (Industrial / Electro Edition)". Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Zardonic Releases "Revolution" Official Video"". Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- "Revolution (OFFICIAL VIDEO) by Zardonic, Counterstrike, Gein & Robyn Chaos". Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "UNETE A LA REVOLUTION!". Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "JOIN THE REVOLUTION". Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "Conciertos Metal - Zardonic (One Man Project) designedo para aperturar el concierto de Dimmu Borgir en Venezuela". Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Conciertos Metal - Entrevista Exclusiva a Federico Agreda". Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "rockthedub: Dieselboy - Wake The Dead". Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "OWSLA Presents - Free Treats Vol. 2". Retrieved 9 March 2012.
- "State Of Mind: Live! (Free Album) - Broken Culture". Retrieved 10 April 2012.
- "Zardonic comienza gira latinoamericana". Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Halloween Revolution Japan". Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Zardonic "Far Beyond Bass - The Vulgar Remixes" album review". Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Zardonic: 'Far Beyond Bass - The Vulgar Remixes' - CD Review". Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "La Prensa Grafica - Detras de la mascara de Zardonic". Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Prensa de Hoy. Venezuela. Video". Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Official Website
- Zardonic on MySpace
- Zardonic Discography at Rolldabeats
- Zardonic Discography at Discogs
- Zardonic at NIN Remix Site
- Zardonic Recordings