Fire Services Act 1947
General Arrangement of the Act
- ss. 1 to 3 Provision of fire services
- ss. 4 to 12 Fire Authorities
- ss.13 to 16 Supply of water for fire-fighting
- ss.17 to 25 Administrative provisions
- ss.26 to 28 Pensions etc.
- ss.29 to 39 Miscellaneous and General
- First to Sixth Schedules
Extent and Repeals
While the original Act did not contain an "Extent" section, the Preamble and text addressed Great Britain (and parts thereof) only.
England and Wales
The Fire Services Act 1947 was entirely repealed in England and Wales by the FRSA 2004, now the primary legislation for England and Wales.
The FRSA 2004 extended only to England and Wales, thus leaving the FSA 1947 in force in Scotland. Most of the 1947 Act was later repealed by the FSA 2005, which left  ss. 26 to 27A (concerning the Firemen's Pension Scheme) still in force in Scotland.
The Act does not extend to Northern Ireland.
- Fire services in Scotland
- Fire service in the UK
- History of fire safety legislation in the United Kingdom
- History of fire brigades in the United Kingdom
- Official text of the amending legislation- Schedule 4 -Repeals; Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 as in force today (including any amendments) within the United Kingdom, from the UK Statute Law Database