Five Senses of Eros
|Five Senses of Eros|
|Directed by||Daniel H. Byun
|Produced by||Choi Soon-sik
|Written by||Daniel H. Byun
|Music by||Choi Man-sik
|Editing by||Ham Sung-won
|Distributed by||Daisy & Cinergy Entertainment|
|Running time||130 minutes|
Five Senses of Eros (Hangul: 오감도; hanja: 五感圖; RR: Ogamdo; MR: Ogamdo) is a 2009 South Korean omnibus film with five shorts depicting love and desire, but in uniquely different styles and genres.
- A man is attracted by the woman sitting across from him on a train ride to Busan. He gets off the train after her, even though it's not his stop. He gets her phone number. A few days later the man plans to meet the woman for the second time.
- Hye-rim waits for her husband, while hiding, to give him a surprise. Hyeon-woo always worries about his wife being left alone at home. But Hye-rim worries more about Hyeon-woo because he will be left alone soon.
- On the set of a movie, newbie actress Mi-jin and senior actress Hwa-ran are having difficulties because of their stubborn and demanding director. The charismatic Hwa-ran transforms Mi-jin into a sexy vixen to seduce Director Bong.
- Jeong-ha's husband Jae-in has just died in a car accident. She then discovers that he was having an affair with her old high school friend Na-ru. Na-ru comes to Jeong-ha and asks to live with her, promising to atone through unconditional devotion.
- Three couples are all high school students and close friends. None of the couples are certain about their relationships, so they decide to exchange partners for 24 hours.
Cast and crew
- His Concern
- Directed by Daniel H. Byun
- Jang Hyuk ... Man
- Cha Hyun-jung ... Woman
- I'm Right Here
- The 33rd Man
- Directed by Yu Yeong-sik
- Kim Su-ro ... Bong Jan-woon
- Bae Jong-ok ... Park Hwa-ran
- Kim Min-sun ... Kim Mi-jin
- In My End is My Beginning
- Directed by Min Kyu-dong
- Uhm Jung-hwa ... Lee Jeong-ha
- Kim Hyo-jin ... Kang Na-ru
- Hwang Jung-min ... Min Jae-in
- Believe in the Moment
- Directed by Oh Ki-hwan
- Kim Dong-wook ... Han Ji-woon
- Lee Si-young ... Jung Se-eun
- Jung Eui-chul ... Seo Sang-min
- Shin Se-kyung ... Shin Su-jeong
- Song Joong-ki ... Yu Jae-hyuk
- Lee Sung-min ... Lee Yun-jung
In My End Is My Beginning
Min Kyu-dong later expanded his short, and a feature-length director's cut of In My End Is My Beginning screened at the 2009 Busan International Film Festival, then was released in theaters in 2013.
- "Box office by Country: Five Sense of Eros". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2012-06-04.
- Shin, Hae-in (1 July 2009). "A mixed bag of pleasures in omnibus Eros film". Yonhap. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Lee, Hyo-won (2 July 2009). "5 Directors Explore Sensuality in Eros". The Korea Times. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- Elley, Derek (28 October 2009). "Five Senses of Eros". Variety. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "K-FILM REVIEWS: 오감도 (Five Senses of Eros)". Twitch Film. 9 October 2009. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Theatrical Releases in 2009: Box-Office Admission Results". Koreanfilm.org. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "All That Star: Kim Min-sun". Arirang News. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- Elley, Derek (27 October 2009). "In My End is My Beginning". Variety. Retrieved 2012-11-19.
- Kim, Hyun-min (22 March 2013). "Fatal Love, Hatred and Sympathy - In My End Is My Beginning". Korean Film Council. Retrieved 2013-03-22.