Flashing Swords! 3: Warriors and Wizards
Cover art from the first paperback edition
|Author||Lin Carter (editor)|
|Genre||Fantasy short stories|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|Preceded by||Flashing Swords! #2|
|Followed by||Flashing Swords! #4: Barbarians and Black Magicians|
Flashing Swords! #3: Warriors and Wizards is an anthology of fantasy stories, edited by Lin Carter. It was first published in hardcover by Nelson Doubleday in 1976 as a selection in its Science Fiction Book Club, and in paperback by Dell Books in August 1976.
The book collects five heroic fantasy novelettes by members of the Swordsmen and Sorcerers' Guild of America (SAGA), a somewhat informal literary group of fantasy authors active from the 1960s to the 1980s, of which Carter was also a member and guiding force, together with a general introduction and introductions to the individual stories by the editor.
- "Introduction: Warriors and Wizards" by Lin Carter
- "Two Yards of Dragon" (Eudoric Dambertson) by L. Sprague de Camp
- "The Frost Monstreme" (Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser) by Fritz Leiber
- "Spider Silk" (Witch World) by Andre Norton
- "The Curious Custom of the Turjan Seraad" (Amalrik the Mangod) by Lin Carter
- "Caravan to Illiel" by Avram Davidson
|This article about a fantasy short story is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|