From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fortis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fortis may refer to:
- Alberto Fortis (1741–1803), Venetian writer, naturalist and cartographer
- Alberto Fortis (musician) (born 1955), Italian singer and songwriter
- Alessandro Fortis, Italian politician and prime minister
- Louis Fortis, American politician
- Rami Fortis, Israeli rock musician
- Fortis (finance), a defunct banking, financial services and insurance company, based in Belgium and The Netherlands or their successors:
- Ageas, formed from the insurance operations of Fortis
- ASR Nederland, formed from the Dutch insurance operations of Fortis
- BNP Paribas Fortis, formed from the Belgian banking operations of Fortis, now owned by BNP Paribas
- ABN Amro, formed from the Netherlands banking operations of Fortis, now owned by the Dutch government
- Fortis Inc., a Canadian utility holding company
- Fortis Uhren AG, a Swiss watch company
- Fortis (linguistics), a group of consonants that are produced with greater energy
- Fortis Healthcare, a chain of hospitals in India
- Galant Fortis, also known as the Mitsubishi Lancer
- Far-ultraviolet Off Rowland-circle Telescope for Imaging and Spectroscopy (FORTIS), NASA sounding rockets for UV observations.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fortis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.