Foundation Financial Group
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (January 2012)|
United States (2004)
|Mark Boyer (CEO)|
|Services||Mortgage Loans, Retirement Services, Insurance Services |
Number of employees
Foundation Financial Group was a financial services company with regional operations centers in Atlanta, Fort Worth, Jacksonville, Raleigh, N.C., Rochester, New York and Savannah, Ga. as well as branch offices in Wichita, KS, St. Paul, MN, Indianapolis, IN, Greenwood, IN, Kansas City, MO, and Dayton, OH that holds mortgage lending licenses in 39+ states. In addition, Foundation Financial Group was a major employer in Atlanta and Jacksonville, Florida. Foundation Financial Group has received several awards for its employment practices, community involvement, and has demonstrated growth since its original inception in 2004.
Foundation Financial Group offers residential mortgage lending and refinancing, property and casualty insurance for home or auto, as well as life insurance, and retirement services in the United States. 
Foundation Financial Group began with the corporate inception of a regional center in Atlanta, Georgia in 2004. Later that year, it opened a second regional center in Jacksonville, Florida. In the following years, from 2005 to 2011, Foundation Financial Group expanded to obtain licensing in 39+ states, and retail branch locations.
Foundation Financial Group funds more than $4 billion in loans. A mortgage industry-tracking source, www.mortgageStats.com states that Foundation Financial Group grew by 14 percent in 2011, in contrast to the downward trend of other lenders in the same period. Additionally,the mortgage industry-tracking source, mortgagestats.com reports that the top 10 U.S. mortgage lender originations are down almost 21 percent for the same period, while Foundation Financial Group revenue has increased 34.55% since 2009.
In 2012, Foundation Financial Group entered a partnership with the Susan G. Komen for the Cure, a national nonprofit that funds breast cancer research. For each 2011 tax return Foundation Financial Group prepared, the company made a donation to Komen for the Cure.
In January 2013 an examination of Homeowners Mortgage of America (Foundation Financial Parent Company) was initiated by the Multistate Mortgage Committee of South Carolina. During the exam, a sample of loan closing between January 1,2010 & December 31, 2012 were reviewed. Upon completion of the review, Homeowners Mortgage was found to have violated §37-10-102 of the SC consumer protection code by failing to properly ascertain the borrower preference as to legal counsel prior to loan closing. Based on the findings, and §37-22-200(k)Homeowners mortgage was instructed to refund all HUD-1 Section 1100 fee except actual title insurance premiums where Homeowners failed to comply with §37-10-102 for loans between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2012. After numerous extension request, on June 10, 2014 Homeowners notified the division they had closed the company. Homeowners has failed to comply with the divisions order and continues to be in violation of §37-10-102 & §37-22-200(k).
- Foundation Financial Group was named as one of the 2012 EcoLeadership Award winners by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence in May 2012.
- The American Association of Business Awards named Foundation Financial Group as one of its Bronze Stevies Awards winners on June 18, 2012.
- The Jacksonville Business Journal named Foundation Financial Group one of the Top 10 mortgage lenders in Northeast Florida.
- National Mortgage Professional Magazine named Foundation Financial Group's CEO Mark Boyer as one of the "40 Most Influential Mortgage Professionals Under 40" in its December 2011 issue.
- The Charlotte Business Journal selected Foundation Financial Group as a finalist in Charlotte's Best Places to work in 2011.
- In August, 2011, Florida Trend magazine named Foundation Financial Group one of the “Best Companies to Work For” in 2011
- In April, 2011, the Atlanta Business Chronicle honored Foundation Financial Group as the 15th fastest-growing company in its annual Pacesetter Awards.
- In January 2011, Jacksonville Magazine named Foundation Financial Group one of Northeast Florida’s “Companies That Care” honoring the philanthropic work it does in each of its cities.
- In fall 2010, the Jacksonville Business Journal named Foundation Financial Group’s Chief Human Resources Officer, James S. Brodsky, one of Northeast Florida’s “Ultimate HR Executives.
- In September, 2011, The Jacksonville Business Journal named Foundation Financial Group Chief Financial Officer Tanya L. Mauro as one of Northeast Florida’s “Ultimate CFOs.”
- The Better Business Bureau issued Foundation Financial Group an A+ rating for providing customers with excellent service, speed and convenience.
- The Better Business Bureau (BBB) also named Foundation Financial Group a Runner-Up in its 2011 Torch Awards Marketplace Ethics competition. Earlier in 2010, the BBB recognized Foundation Financial Group as an industry leader, a major philanthropic organization, and a provider of many jobs to the economy.
- "Foundation Financial Group" was named in the 2011 Inc. 500|5000, Inc.annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in America
- "Foundation Financial Group" was named in the 2012 Inc. 500|5000, Inc.annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in America
- "Foundation Financial Group" was named in the 2013 Inc. 500|5000, Inc.annual ranking of the fastest-growing private companies in America
Foundation Financial Group maintains a Philanthropic Services Department and contributes to various community organizations in the areas it serves. Foundation Financial Group focuses on five key areas: education, workforce development, environment sustainability, health, and wellness. These values are of core importance to its mission, and the company has made donations to many local and national organizations.
- "Inc. 500/5000" Retrieved 28 October 2011
- "Foundation Financial Group Expands Mortgage Services into Nebraska" 11 August 2011. Retrieved 27 October 2011.
- "Foundation Financial Group's Business Model" 2011 Retrieved on 27 October 2011
- "Character beats skills for 60 new finance jobs at Foundation FInancial Group" Aug 10, 2012. Retrieved August 13, 2012
- "What's New" Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Foundation Financial reaches $4B milestone" Retrieved 13 August 2012
- """Jacksonville Business Journal"", Jacksonville, Florida 21 January 2011. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- (http://www.prlog.org/11748802-foundation-financial-group-enters-tax-season-with-new-tax-services-subsidiary.html) Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- ""Alliance for Workplace Excellence Names Foundation Financial Group as a 2012 EcoLeadership Award Winner"" Retrieved August 13, 2012
- ""Company of the Year - Banking and Financial Services"" Retrieved August 13, 2012
- "Foundation Financial Group Named Among Top 10 Mortgage Lenders" ""PR Web"" 06 August 2012, Retrieved 13 August 2012
- ""Mark Boyer/People on the Move"" 13 January 2011, Retrieved 15 January 2011
- "Charlotte's Best Places to Work in 2011" ""Charlotte Business Journal"" 10 November 2011, Retrieved 3 January 2012
- "Best Large Companies 2011" Florida Trend 25 July 2011, Retrieved 23 October 2011
- "Foundation Financial Group Named an Atlanta Pacesetter"""PR Newswire""] 26 April 2011, Retrieved 21 October 2011
- "Jacksonville Magazine Honors Companies that Care" ""WhatsUpJacksonville.com"" 14 January 2011, Retrieved 24 October 2011]
- "Ultimate HR Executives: James Brodsky" ""Jacksonville Business Journal"" 4 October 2010, Retrieved on 24 October 2011
- "Mauro’s Diverse Background Helps Her Think Outside The Box" ""Jacksonville Business Journal"" 23 September 2011, Retrieved on 24 October 2011
- "BBB Business Review" 17 August 2011, Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "BBB Serving Metro Atlanta, Athens and Northeast Georgia Announces 2011 Torch Award Recipients" 22 May 2011, Retrieved on 24 October 2011
-  Retrieved 28 October 2011
-  Retrieved 30 October 2012
- "Philanthropy" Foundation Financial Group website Retrieved 27 October 2011
- Foundation Financial Group's Photostream ""Yahoo Flicker"" 16 June 2011, Retrieved 21 October 2011