|Type||Public company (ASX: FLN)|
Jones Bay Wharf 26-32 Pirrama Rd
Pyrmont, New South Wales
|Key people||Matt Barrie, CEO
Darren Williams, CTO
Neil Katz, CFO
David Harrison, Vice President of Engineering
Willix Halim, Vice President of Growth
|Employees||350 (Feb 2014)|
|Users||more than 11 million|
|Available in||English, German, French, Indonesian, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Turkish, Filipino, Dutch|
|Alexa rank||452 (April 2014[update])|
Freelancer is a global outsourcing marketplace, founded in 2009. Its headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia, though it also has offices in Vancouver, London, Buenos Aires, Manila and Jakarta. On November 15th 2013, Freelancer Limited (Freelancer's holding company) listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with the ticker FLN.
Freelancer is a marketplace where employers and employees are able to find each other. The site allows employers to post work to get done. Anybody is then able to offer quotes to complete the project, upon which point the original employer is able to award the work.
Freelancer has acquired several outsourcing marketplaces including GetAFreelancer.com and EUFreelance.com (founded by Magnus Tibell in 2004, Sweden), LimeExchange (a former business of Lime Labs LLC, USA), Scriptlance.com (founded by Rene Trescases in 2001, Canada)- one of the early pioneers in freelancing, Freelancer.de Booking Center (Germany), Freelancer.co.uk (United Kingdom), Webmaster-talk.com (USA), a forum for webmasters, and vWorker (founded by Ian Ippolito, USA).
As of 8 January 2013, the company has set up 25 regional marketplaces with local language, customer service and currency support including the United States (Global), United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Philippines, India and Latin America. On 2nd April 2014, Freelancer acquired Ukraine based digital content marketplace-Fantero. 
- 2012 Deloitte Australia Technology Fast 50
- 2012 Silver Stevie Award, International Business Awards
- 2012 People's Voice Webby Award for Employment, 16th Annual Webby Awards
- 2011 Webby Award for Employment, People's Voice Award, 15th Annual Webby Awards
- 2011 BRW Fast Starters
- 2011 BRW Fast 100
- 2010 Best Export Achievement, People's Choice Award, 17th Annual AIMIA Awards
- 2010 Anthill Cool Company Awards: Best Online Business
- "Freelancer - Hire Freelancers & Find Freelance Jobs Online". Freelancer.
- "Freelancer.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- "News". Innovate it. Retrieved 2012-02-27.
- "Crunchbase listing for LimeExchange.com".
- "Freelancer acquires Scriptlance.com - article on TechCrunch".
- "Freelancer Grows: Global Acquisitions Continue for Leading Job Market Website".
- "GoRumors Article covering Webmaster-talk.com".
- Lunden, Ingrid (November 19, 2012). "Freelancer Buys Another IT Job Site, vWorker (aka RentACoder.com), For A Price In The Millions". TechCrunch. Retrieved November 21, 2012.
- , Gadgets Magazine
- ,Indiatimes.com "Website for freelance assignments launched in India"]. The Times Of India. 2012-02-09.
- , E27.sg
- , BNAmericas.
- , theaustralian.com.au "Freelancer acquires Fantero.com"]. TheAustralian. 2014-04-03.
- "Deloitte Australia Technology Fast 50".
- "Stevie Awards Site".
- "16th Annual Webby Awards".
- "15th Annual Webby Awards".
- "BRW Fast Starters 2011".
- "BRW Fast 100 2011".
- "17th AIMIA Award Winners".
- "2010 Anthill Cool Company Awards".