|Origin||Athens, Georgia, USA|
|Genres||Indie rock, americana, country rock|
Futurebirds are an indie rock band formed in 2008 from Athens, Georgia. Their first album Hampton's Lullaby, was released on Autumn Tone Records on July 27, 2010. Their self titled EP was re-released in February 2011 and their second EP, Via Flamina, was released in April 2011.
Futurebirds are known for their high energy shows and country rock infused sound. Their music incorporates reverb-soaked four-part harmonies supported by pedal steel guitar, rhythmic percussion, banjo, mandolin, and acoustic and electric guitars with heavy feedback, and has been described as 'psychedelic country'.
- Hampton's Lullaby (2010), Autumn Tone
- Baba Yaga (2013), Fat Possum
- Seney-Stovall (2012)
- Futurebirds (2009), Self released - reissued (2011), Autumn Tone
- Via Flamina (2011), Autumn Tone
- Leahey, Andrew "Futurebirds Biography", Allmusic, retrieved 2011-07-05
- Hyden, Steven (2010) "Hampton’s Lullaby", The A.V. Club, August 10, 2010, retrieved 2011-07-05
- Maine, David (2010) "Futurebirds: Hampton's Lullaby", PopMatters, September 14, 2010, retrieved 2011-07-05
- O'Rear, Caine (2011) "School Of Athens: An Interview With Futurebirds", American Songwriter, June 22, 2011, retrieved 2011-07-05
- "Road Report: Dead Confederate Head West With Futurebirds", Spinnermusic.co.uk, September 8, 2010, retrieved 2011-07-05
- Sherfey, James (2011) "Q&A with Futurebirds", onlineathens.com, June 23, 2011, retrieved 2011-07-05
- Madison, Tjames (2011) "Q&A: Carter King of Futurebirds", soundspike.com, June 1, 2011, retrieved 2011-07-05