|Full name||Gastón Ricardo Díaz|
|Date of birth||March 13, 1988|
|Place of birth||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Right back / Right winger|
|Current club||Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata|
|2012||→ Lanus (loan)||12||(0)|
|2013–||Gimnasia y Esgrima La Plata||6||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:55, 21 September 2013 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Díaz made his debut for Vélez Sársfield on February 9, 2008. He featured rarely during the 2008–09 season, being a substitute for Fabián Cubero in the position of right back. However, he finished the second half of the season (2009 Clausura) as a starter as the team's right winger, playing even in the final game against Huracán, when Vélez obtained the national championship. Díaz played a total of 9 games during the team's championship winning campaign. The night subsequent to the championship final, Díaz had a car accident while driving under the influence of alcohol.
In January 2010, he was called by Argentina's coach Diego Maradona for an Argentine league-based squad to play a friendly match against Costa Rica. Díaz was an unused substitute during the game. In November of that year, he was called by Sergio Batista, Maradona's replacement as Argentina's head coach, for another squad of local league players to train twice weekly with the national representative. He debuted with the national team entering the field in a 4–1 victory over Venezuela, on March 16, 2011.
- Vélez Sársfield
- "Closing '09 statistics". Argentine Soccer. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Un jugador de Vélez chocó a la salida de un boliche". La Razón (in Spanish). 2009-07-07. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Batista dio la lista de los preseleccionados para ir Beijing". Clarín (in Spanish). 2008-03-19. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- Fernando Czyz (2010-11-15). "Batista inicia un nuevo proceso de selección local". Cancha Llena (in Spanish). Retrieved 2010-11-15.
- "La Selección local goleó a Venezuela y aprobó el examen" (in Spanish). TyC Sports. 2011-03-16. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- Profile at Vélez Sársfield official website (Spanish)
- Argentine Primera statistics at Fútbol XXI (Spanish)
- Gastón Díaz at National-Football-Teams.com