|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
|Origin||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Genres||Alternative, Indie pop|
|Associated acts||Youngblood Hawke, Passion Pit, Imagine Dragons,|
|Past members||Joe Baer Magnant|
Gentlemen Hall is an indie pop band from Boston, Massachusetts. The band consists of Gavin Merlot (lead vocals, guitar), Cobi Mike (lead vocals, guitar), Rory Given (bass guitar), Bradford Alderman (synthesizers), Phil Boucher (drums), and Seth Hachen (flute, piccolo).
Gentlemen Hall (2008-present)
In 2009 MTV awarded them the Video Music Award (VMA) for "Best Breakout Boston Artist." In 2010 the Boston Phoenix named them "Best New Local Act." Two years later in 2012, the magazine would award them "Boston's Best Act". In 2011 the band recorded the EP, "When We All Disappear," with producer Michael Seifert and mixed by Michael Seifert and Tony Maserati, and shortly thereafter began touring in support of their freshman EP. The band made their national television debut when they performed live on the Billboard Awards on the television network ABC on May 22, 2011. Ice cream company Ben and Jerry's has also created a signature smoothie in the band's name, available throughout its Boston and Cambridge, Massachusetts locations. The band also garnered two Boston Music Awards in November 2011, for "Pop Rock Artist of the Year" and "Video of the Year" for their song "Close to Me" (Directed by Ethan Goldhammer).
In 2013, the band's song "Sail Into the Sun" was featured in Target and Samsung commercials internationally. The band's music has also been featured in several television programs, including The CW Television Network's 90210 (TV series) and American Broadcasting Company's Pretty Little Liars (TV series)
- Gavin Merlot – Lead vocals, guitar
- Rory Given – Bass guitar
- Bradford Alderman – Keyboards, synthesizers
- Cobi Mike – Lead vocals, lead guitar
- Phil Boucher – Drums, percussion, glockenspiel, pooter
- Seth Hachen - Flute, piccolo
- When We All Disappear (September 20, 2011)
- Give Us Roots, Give Us Wings (2010)
- Gentlemen Hall (2009)
- Sail into the Sun (2013)
- http://thephoenix.com/bmp/boston/2010/newact/ Gentlemen Hall > New Act - Boston Music Poll 2010. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- http://blog.thephoenix.com/BLOGS/onthedownload/archive/2011/11/20/dropkick-murphys-moufy-mean-creek-top-the-list-of-2011-boston-music-awards-winners.aspx/ Dropkick Murphys, Moufy, Mean Creek top the list of 2011 Boston Music Awards Winners. Retrieved 28 December 2011.