25 March 1978 |
Townsville, Queensland, Australia
|As of 15 August 2009|
George Gatis (born 25 March 1978 in Townsville, Queensland, Australia) is a professional rugby league player who has played in the National Rugby League and Super League competitions. His position of choice is at hooker.
A broken arm in 2003 followed by a knee reconstruction kept Gatis out of first-grade for several years.
New Zealand Warriors
In August 2007 Gatis signed for the Huddersfield Giants for the 2008 and 2009 seasons. However, just three months into a two-year contract with Huddersfield, George quit the club due to personal reasons.
Gatis returned to Australia and helped his parents fish and chip shop. During the 2008 season he signed with the North Queensland Cowboys and played one NRL match for the club, starting at hooker. For the majority of the season he played with the Northern Pride in the Queensland Cup.
Gatis retired at the end of the season.
- Round 22: 15, 16 August queensland.rleague.com
- "George Gatis". Television New Zealand. 24 January 2006. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "Warriors' Gatis in first NRL match since 2003" (fee required). AAP Sports News (Australia). 2006-03-21. Retrieved 2007-12-10.
- "Hooker Gatis quits Huddersfield". BBC. 2008-04-22. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- Josh Alston Gatis back in town Townsville Bulletin, 24 May 2008
- "By George, Gatis calls it quits". Sunday News. 3 August 2008. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
- "'m happy with all my Giants" (fee required). AAP Sports News (Australia). 2007-12-05. Retrieved 2007-12-10.