George Harding (British Army officer)
|Sir George Harding|
|Awards||Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath|
Harding was commissioned into the Royal Engineers in 1802. He took part in the Napoleonic Wars, being deployed first to Messina in 1807, and then to Gibraltar, where in 1810 he worked with Sir Charles Holloway on the demolition of two Spanish forts and the rest of the Spanish Lines of Contravallation of Gibraltar. He was the Chief Engineer on Gibraltar in about 1831.
- The London Gazette: . 8 October 1802. Retrieved 2011-05-29.
- History of the Royal Sappers and Miners
- Parliamentary Papers, House of Commons and Command. Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons. 1834. p. 29.
- World Statesmen
- The London Gazette: . 31 May 1859. Retrieved 2011-05-29.
- Edinburgh Gazette, accessed June 2013
- "Europa Point". Government of Gibraltar - Tourist Board. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
Sir William Knollys
|Lieutenant Governor of Guernsey