Girish Kumar at the promotion of Ramaiya Vastavaiya
|Born||Girish Kumar Taurani
30 January 1988
|Parents||Kumar S. Taurani|
|Relatives||Ramesh S. Taurani (uncle)|
Girish Kumar Taurani (born January 30, 1989) is an Indian film actor working in the Hindi film industry. Girish made his Bollywood debut with the romance comedy film Ramaiya Vastavaiya, opposite Shruti Hassan, which released on 19 July 2013.
An ethnic Sindhi, Girish was signed in the Bollywood romance film Ramaiya Vastavaiya, directed by Prabhu Deva and produced by his father Kumar S. Taurani, who is the managing director of Tips Industries Limited. In this film he played the role of Ram, a foreigner who was very rich, his role showed how agile and open his character truly is. Prabhu Deva trained Girish for three and a half years before the filming. To launch Girish, Prabhu Deva was signed close to three years back. Prabhu Deva decided to have an audition for him. As a result, Girish had to perform on a few scenes and also a dance number. Prabhu loved his performance, and thought that Girish had an X factor; he only needed to just polish some rough edges and become more spontaneous. He talked with his parents about giving him some dancing training and later, he selected some 25 songs and gave them to Girish so that he could practice upon them. He also appointed a few choreographers who worked on a daily basis with Girish in order to prepare him well for all formats of dances that were required for films.
Girish was also overweight and had to take up to bodybuilding during his three years' training sessions. A trainer from South Africa was brought on board to check Girish's fitness. It was one of his greatest achievements that he developed six pack abs within 3 weeks. Regarding his looks in Ramaiya Vastavaiya, Prabhu Deva was reported to be happy and satisfied. For the first appearance of Girish in Ramaiya Vastavaiya, director Prabhu Deva and cinematographer Kiran Deohans were planning a special introductory scene which is completely new to Bollywood. Marking his first ever appearance on the big screen, Girish made a dare devilish surfing sequence that hasn't been attempted in films so far. International surfing expert Christopher Bryan from Hawaii, USA was given the charge of the underwater sequences with Girish, which were shot in Australia. Girish was trained at Mantra Surf Club near [Mangalore] for this.
Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama commented on his performance: "Girish being a first-timer, there are some rough edges, but the fact is, he's photogenic and goes through the rigmarole with confidence." Sarit Ray of Hindustan Times gave a less favourable review of his portrayal, saying "His dancing, unfortunately is only slightly less stiff than his acting." The film earned little praise from critics and underperformed at the box office.
|2013||Ramaiya Vastavaiya||Ram||Nominated–Screen Award for Best Male Debut
Nominated–BIG Star Award for Most Entertaining Actor (Film) Debut – Male
Nominated–Apsara Award for Best Male Debut 
- Mankermi, Shivani (19 April 2013). "Age no bar! Bollywood actresses set trend by romancing younger actors on screen". Daily Mail (London). Retrieved 29 June 2013.
- "Girish Taurani bio". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "Giish Taurani age". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "Girish Taurani New Kid On The Bloc!". Stardust. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Prabhu Deva became the coach for newcomer Girish Taurani". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "Fat to fit: Girish Kumar". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "Splashing entry by Girish Kumar in Ramaiya Vastavaiya". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- "Ramaiya Vastavaiya opening scene - Introduction of newcomer Girish Taurani". Retrieved 5 May 2013.
- Adarsh, Taran (19 July 2013). "Ramaiya Vastavaiya (2013) Movie Review". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Ray, Sarit (21 July 2013). "Sarit Ray's review: Ramaiya Vastavaiya". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Mehta, Ankita (27 July 2013). "Box Office Collection: 'Ramaiya Vastavaiya', 'D-Day' Earn ₹26 Crore Each in First Week". International Business Times. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- "Nominations for 20th Annual Screen Awards". Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Nominations for 4th BIG Star Entertainment Awards". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 21 January 2014.
- "Nominations for 9th Renault Star Guild Awards". Retrieved 21 January 2014.