Grand Cape Mount County
|Grand Cape Mount County|
Location in Liberia
|• Superintendent||Mohammed A.Paasewe|
|• Total||5,162 km2 (1,993 sq mi)|
|• Density||25/km2 (60/sq mi)|
|Time zone||GMT (UTC+0)|
Grand Cape Mount is a county in the northwestern portion of the West African nation of Liberia. One of 15 counties that comprise the first-level of administrative division in the nation, it has five districts. Robertsport serves as the capital with the area of the county measuring 5,162 square kilometres (1,993 sq mi). As of the 2008 Census, it had a population of 129,055, making it the eighth most populous county in Liberia.
Grand Cape Mount's County Superintendent is Catherine Watson-Khasu. The county is bordered by Gbarpolu County to the northeast and Bomi County to the southeast. The northern part of Grand Cape Mount borders the nation of Sierra Leone, while to the west lies the Atlantic Ocean.
Its five districts are (2008 population):
- Commonwealth District (6,884)
- Garwula District (29,371)
- Gola Konneh District (23,930)
- Porkpa District (40,921)
- Tewor District (27,949)
- "2008 National Population and Housing Census: Preliminary Results". Government of the Republic of Liberia. 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- "Liberia: Cabinet Ends Retreat in Grand Cape Mount, Returns to Monrovia". Liberia Government (allAfrica.com). 21 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-12.
|This Liberia location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|