Guaranty Trust Bank
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (October 2012)|
|Type||Public limited company|
|Founded||January 17, 1990|
|Headquarters||635 Akin Adesola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria|
|Area served||Cote d'Ivorie, Kenya, Liberia, Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Uganda, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Segun Agbaje, (CEO)|
|Revenue||₦ 63.572 billion (Q1:2013)|
|Operating income||₦ 49.975 billion (Q1:2013)|
|Net income||₦ 28.491 billion (Q1:2013)|
|Total assets||₦ 1.841.509 billion (Q1:2013)|
|Total equity||₦ 307.953 billion (Q1:2013)|
Guaranty Trust Bank plc was incorporated as a limited liability company licensed to provide commercial and other banking services to the Nigerian public in 1990 and commenced operations in February 1991.
In September 1996, Guaranty Trust Bank plc became a publicly quoted company and won the Nigerian Stock Exchange President’s Merit award. In February 2002, the Bank was granted a universal banking license and later appointed a settlement bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in 2003.
Guaranty Trust Bank undertook its second share offering in 2004 and raised over N11 billion from Nigerian Investors to expand its operations.
In the same year, they successfully placed Nigeria's first private Eurobond issue on the international capital markets.
The GTBank USD 500,000,000 Eurobond was the first ever Benchmark Eurobond issue by a Nigerian corporate and the second Eurobond programme by GTBank in the last 5 years.
GTB is a partner of Eko Atlantic City a new made island (820 ha.) in the Atlantic ocean, adjacent to Victoria Island Lagos. It will be the home of the new Financial District. The building of Eko Atlantic City started in 2009 and is expected to be finished in 2016.
The Bank has over 5000 employees.
Branches and Extensions
GTB Plc has 201 branches in Nigeria and runs nationwid and more than 291 ATMs.
1996, 2000, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 Nigerian Stock Exchange Presidents Merit Award.
Out of 108 Nigerian companies, GTB Plc was awarded in 2007, through the newspaper Vanguard, as The Most Customer Friendly Bank in Nigeria and Best Bank for Brand Development. In 2008 as Bank of the Year, Most Customer Friendly Bank and Best Bank in Corporate Governance.
- 2005 Africa's top 23 (awarded by Africa Business Magazine)
- 2005 Bank of the year (awarded by The Banker magazine)
- 2005 African Bank of the year (awarded by African Investor magazine)
- 2005 Bank of the year (awarded by This Day newspaper)
- 2006 Banker of the year(awarded by This Day newspaper)
- 2007 Brand of the year (awarded by This Day newspaper)
- 2007 Deal of the year (awarded by The Banker magazine)
- 2007 1st Runner up in the Customer Service Excellence Award
- 2007 Best bank in mobile banking (awarded by Nigeria Telecom)
- 2007 Brand of the year (awarded by Lagos State Enterprises)
- 2007 Grand Prix award for reputation and credibility (by Fortune & Class Enterprise)
- 2007 Corporate best practice award (by Fortune & Class Enterprise)
- 2007 Best work place award (by Fortune & Class Enterprise)
- 2008 Transaction of the year award (by This Day newspaper)
- 2008 Deal of the year for Nigeria (awarded by The banker: Financial Times)
- 2008 Best Bank in Mobile Banking awarded by Nigeria Telecom)
- 2008 Most Customer Focused Bank: Retail (by KPMG)
- 2008 Runner up, Most Customer Focused Bank: Corporate by KPMG
- 2009 Most Socially Responsible Bank in Nigeria
- 2009 CEO of the Year (awarded by This Day newspaper)
- 2009 Most IT Driven bank (awarded by National Daily newspaper)
- 2009 CEO of the Year (awarded by Global Excellence Recognition Awards)
- 2009 Most Customer Focused Bank: Retail (by KPMG)
- 2009 Most Customer Focused Bank: Corporate 2nd Place (by KPMG)
- 2009 Best Bank in Nigeria (awarded by Euromoney magazine)
- 2010 Most customer focused bank in Nigeria (awarded by KPMG)
- 2010 Best Bank in Nigeria (awarded by Euromoney magazine)
- 2010 Best Bank in Nigeria(awarded by The Banker magazine)
- 2011 Best Bank in Nigeria (awarded by The Banker magazine)
- 2011 Best Bank in Nigeria (awarded by EMEA Finance magazine)
- 2011 Best Bank in CSR: Health Management in Nigeria
- 2011 Most Socially Responsible Company in Nigeria
- 2011 Best Financial Institution Bond in Nigeria (awarded by EMEA Finance magazine)
- 2011 Young Global Champions Award (by Thisday Nigeria)
- 2011 Best Bank in Nigeria (awarded by Euromoney magazine)
- 2012 Best Bank in Nigeria (awarded by Euromoney magazine)
- 2012 African Banker of the Year - Segun Agbaje
- 2012 Financial Institution of the year 2012(awarded by Market Awards Nigeria)
- 2013 Top 100 Most Powerful Social Media Financial Brands in the world (NO 1 in Africa, NO 7 in the world) (awarded by www.thefinancialbrand.com)
- 2013 Mobile Money Operator of the Year(Beacon of ICT Awards) (awarded by Nigeria Communications week)
- 2013 African Bank of the year ( awarded by African Banker Magazine )
- forbes.com: „Nigeria's Guaranty Trust Bank to raise 750 mln usd from London listing“ (September 11, 2007)
- clickafrique.com: GTB completes Nigeria's first private EuroBond Issue.
- thisdaylive.com: GTBank’s US$500 million Eurobond Oversubscribed
- allafrica.com, Nigeria: GTBank Gets AA- By Fitch, 16th April 2009
- allafrica.com: „GTBank to Commence Operations in UK“
- nigeriacommunicationsweek.com.ng: NIPOST Launches Stamps to Mark GTBank 20th Anniversary
- thisdaylive.com: GTBank Leads Banking Stocks in Market Capitalisation
- allafrica.com: Nigeria: GTBank Concludes Acquisition of Fina Bank, Kenya