|Traded as||NSE: GUINNESS|
|Founded||29 April 1950|
Number of locations
|Lagos, Benin City Aba|
|Mr Babatunde Abayomi Savage (Chairman)|
|Products||Beer Brewing, Bottling and Marketing of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, Harp Lager, Malta Guinness and other Beverages|
|Revenue||Naira 123,663,125,000 (2011)|
|Owner||Diageo Guinness Overseas Limited (46%), Atalantaf Ltd. (7.8%) Nigerian Citizens (46.2%)|
Number of employees
|1 332 (2012)|
Guinness Nigeria, a subsidiary of Diageo Plc of the United Kingdom, was incorporated in 1962 with the building of a brewery in Ikeja, the heart of Lagos. The brewery was the first outside of Ireland and Great Britain. Other breweries have been opened over time – Benin City brewery in 1974 and Ogba brewery in 1982.
Guinness Nigeria produces the following beer brands:
- Foreign Extra Stout (1962), 7.2% ABV,
- Harp Lager Beer (1974), 5.15% ABV,
- Guinness Extra Smooth (2005) 6% ABV,
- Satzenbrau (November 2006),
- Harp Lime (2012) - discontinued.
- Armstrong Black Lager - discontinued
- Dubic Extra Lager (April 2012) 5% ABV,
The RTD (ready-to-drink) products include:
- Gordon’s Spark (2001) - discontinued,
- Smirnoff Ice (September 2006)5.5% ABV,
- SNAPP (September 2012) 5% ABV,
- Orijin (August 2013) 6%ABV
The popular malta (soft drink) drink range includes:
- Malta Guinness (1990),
- Malta Guinness Low Sugar (May 2012)
Guinness Nigeria Plc's Water of Life initiative currently provides potable water to over 500,000 Nigerians spread across several rural communities, from Northern to Southern Nigeria. It funds scholarship and provides Guinness Eye Hospitals in three cities in Nigeria.
- "NSE Listed Companies". Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- "Guinness Nigeria Launches Its Latest Blend Of Herbs And Fruits Drink Orijin In Port Harcourt". Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "New Malta Guinness Low Sugar Launches in Nigeria". Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- Guinness Nigeria official website
- Guinness official site
- Tasting notes for Foreign Extra Stout
- Guinness Nigerial plc at Alacrastore
- Guinness Nigeria at Google finance
- Guinness Nigeria at Nigerian Stock Exchange
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Nigerian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|