Harvard Educational Review
|Harvard Educational Review|
|Abbreviated title (ISO 4)||Harvard Educ. Rev.|
|Publisher||Harvard Education Publishing Group (United States)|
The Harvard Educational Review is a peer-reviewed academic journal of opinion and research dealing with education, associated with the Harvard Graduate School of Education, and published by the Harvard Education Publishing Group. The journal was established in 1930.
Since 1945, editorial decisions have been carried out by an autonomous graduate student editorial board. This student board works together to bring to publication manuscripts on a wide range of topics and from a number of disciplines.
Notable alumni of the Harvard Educational Review include:
- Lisa Delpit, educationalist and MacArthur Fellow
- Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot, educational sociologist and MacArthur Fellow
- Orval Hobart Mowrer, psychologist and former president of the American Psychological Association
- Lauren Resnick, educational psychologist
- Theodore Sizer, educationalist and founder of the Coalition of Essential Schools
- Julian Stanley, psychologist and founder of the Center for Talented Youth
- Bruner, Jerome (1961). "The act of discovery". Harvard Educational Review 31: 21–32.
- Jensen, Arthur (1969). "How much can we boost IQ and scholastic achievement?". Harvard Educational Review 39 (1): 1–123.
- Freire, Paulo (1970). "The adult literacy process as cultural action for freedom". Harvard Educational Review 40 (2): 205–225.
- Freire, Paulo (1970). "Cultural action and conscientization". Harvard Educational Review 40 (3): 452–477.
- Rist, Ray (1970). "Student social class and teacher expectations: The self-fulfilling prophesy in ghetto education". Harvard Educational Review 40 (3): 411–451.
- Rodham, Hillary (1973). "Children under the law". Harvard Educational Review 43 (4): 487–514.
- Gilligan, Carol (1977). "In a different voice – Women's conceptions of self and morality". Harvard Educational Review 47 (4): 481–517.
- Slack, Warner; Douglas Porter (1980). "The Scholastic Aptitude Test: A critical appraisal". Harvard Educational Review 50 (2): 154–175.
- Giroux, Henry (1983). "Theories of reproduction and resistance in the new sociology of education". Harvard Educational Review 53 (3): 257–293.
- Murnane, Richard; David Cohen (1986). "Merit pay and the evaluation problem: Why most merit pay plans fail and few survive". Harvard Educational Review 56 (1): 1–17.
- Shulman, Lee (1987). "Knowledge and teaching: Foundations of the new reform". Harvard Educational Review 57 (1): 1–23.
- Elmore, Richard (1996). "Getting to scale with good educational practice". Harvard Educational Review 66 (1): 1–27.
- Warren, Mark (2005). "Communities and schools: A new view of education reform". Harvard Education Review 75 (2): 133–173.
- Paley, Vivian (2011). "Getting to Know Derek". Harvard Educational Review 81 (4): 499–523.