Hawai'i Department of Land and Natural Resources
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources)
The Hawaiʻi Department of Land and Natural Resources (DLNR) is a part of the Hawaii state government dedicated to managing state parks and other natural resources of the state of Hawaii.
- Division of Aquatic Resources - Manages the State's marine and freshwater resources through programs in commercial fisheries and aquaculture; aquatic resources protection, enhancement and education; and recreational fisheries. Also Issues fishing licenses.
- Division of Boating and Ocean Recreation - Responsible for the management and administration of statewide ocean recreation and coastal areas programs pertaining to the ocean waters and navigable streams of the State (exclusive of commercial harbors) which include 21 small boat harbors, 54 launching ramps, 13 offshore mooring areas, 10 designated ocean water areas, 108 designated ocean recreation management areas, associated aids to navigation throughout the State, and beaches encumbered with easements in favor of the public. Also Registers small vessels.
- Hawaii Division of Conservation and Resource Enforcement - Enforces all State laws and rules involving State lands, State Parks, historic sites, forest reserves, aquatic life and wildlife areas, coastal zones, Conservation districts, State shores, as well as county ordinances involving county parks. The division also enforces laws relating to firearms, ammunition, and dangerous weapons.
- Engineering Division - Provides technical support in protecting and managing Hawaii's natural resources.
- Hunter Education Program
- Bureau of Conveyances - Maintains an accurate, timely and permanent record system for title to real property. The Bureau examines, records, indexes, and microfilms over 344,000 Regular System and Land Court documents and maps annually; issues Land Court Certificates of Title; certifies copies of matters of record; and researches UCC requests. Hawaii is the only state in the nation with a single statewide recording office.
- Division of Forestry and Wildlife - Manages of State-owned forests, natural areas, public hunting areas, and plant and wildlife sanctuaries. Program areas cover watershed protection; native resources protection, including unique ecosystems and endangered species of plants and wildlife; outdoor recreation; and commercial forestry. Issues hunting permits.
- Historic Preservation Division - Preserves and sustains reminders of earlier times which link the past to the present. SHPD maintains three branches, History and Culture, Archaeology, and Architecture.
- Land Division - Manages State-owned lands and other lands that are not set aside for use by other government agencies. The division also serves as an office of record and maintains a central repository of all government documents dating back to the "Great Mahele" of 1848.
- Office of Conservation and Coastal Lands - Overseeing approximately 2 million acres (8,100 km2) of private and public lands that lie within the State Land Use Conservation District. In addition, to privately and publicly zoned Conservation District lands, OCCL is responsible for overseeing beach and marine lands out to the seaward extend of the State's jurisdiction
- Division of State Parks - Manages and administers 52 state parks encompassing nearly 25,000 acres (100 km2) on the 5 major islands. These parks offer varied outdoor recreation and heritage opportunities. The park environments range from landscaped grounds with developed facilities to wildland areas with trails and primitive facilities. Issues camping permits.
- Office of the Chairperson
- Administrative Services Office - Provides administrative support services, internal management, and comprehensive fiscal services to the Chairperson and Members of the Board, and to the nine operating divisions and three staff offices of the Department.
- Personnel Office - Maintains a personnel program for the Department.
- Public Information Office - Disseminates information about DLNR's programs, accomplishments, goals, and the department's mandate to protect the special natural and cultural heritage of Hawai`i.
- Natural Area Reserves System Hawaii
- List of Hawaii state parks
- Government of Hawaii
- Hawaii Division of Conservation and Resource Enforcement
- Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources Official web site
- DLNR  boating official in prison for embezzling $125K, 5/23/2012