Henry Hamilton (New York)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Henry Hamilton (March 28, 1788 – June 1, 1846) was an American lawyer and politician from New York.
He was buried at the Old Stone Fort Cemetery in Schoharie.
- The New York Civil List compiled by Franklin Benjamin Hough (page 42, 381 and 418; Weed, Parsons and Co., 1858)
-  Early settlers in Schoharie, at RootsWeb
- History of Schoharie County New York, 1713-1882 with Illustrations and Biographical Sketches of Some of Its Prominent Men and Pioneers by William E. Roscoe (Heritage Books, 2007, ISBN 0-7884-3737-2, ISBN 978-0-7884-3737-3 ; page 367) [giving erroneously tenure as Surrogate "two years", in fact it was two terms (four years each)]
-  Tomb inscriptions at Stone Fort Cemetery, at RootsWeb (says for Hamilton: "June 1, 1846 aged 58 years 2 m. 8 days", which would place his birthday at March 24)
- The New York Annual Register (1840; page 394)