Henry Repeating Arms
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (March 2011)|
|Headquarters||Bayonne, New Jersey, USA|
Henry Repeating Arms is a firearms manufacturing company, one of the top five long gun manufacturers in the United States and the leading lever action manufacturer. Henry Repeating Arms takes its name from Benjamin Tyler Henry, the inventor who patented the first repeating rifle in 1860. The company resurrected the Henry name in 1996 and started manufacturing rifles in Brooklyn, New York. In September 2008 the company moved its headquarters to a 100,000 square feet (9,300 m2) facility in Bayonne, New Jersey and presently employs 250 people. The company also owns a 140,000 square feet (13,000 m2) facility in Rice Lake, Wisconsin where they cast and machine the receivers for the Henry rifles as well as supply other gun parts. Henry Repeating Arms also produces bolt action and pump-action rimfire rifles as well as a new generation of the AR-7 takedown rifle, which was originally designed for the U.S. Air Force and is now known as the Henry US Survival Rifle. The Henry Golden Boy is the company's signature model, featuring a Brasslight receiver and octagonal barrel. They also have a selection of centerfire lever action rifles in both hardened brass and steel.
The company mottos are "Made In America and Priced Right" and "Made in America or Not Made At All". The original Henry rifle was known as the gun you could "Load On Sunday and shoot all week long". Henry will begin manufacturing the original Henry rifle in caliber .44-40 in 2013. Henry rifles are available at sporting good retailers and gun shops throughout the United States.
The Henry Repeating Arms Company has no actual association with either the New Haven Arms Company, which manufactured the original Henry rifles and was later renamed the Winchester Repeating Arms Company in 1866, or to Benjamin Tyler Henry, its inventor.
- Lever Action .22 - .22 LR
- Lever Action Magnum - .22 Magnum
- Varmint Express - .17 HMR
- Lever Action Octagon - .22 LR, .22 Magnum, .17 HMR
- Lever Action Youth - .22 LR
- Lever Action Mare's Leg - .22 LR
- Golden Boy - .22 LR, .22 Magnum, .17 HMR
- Golden Boy Youth - .22 LR
- Big Boy - .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, and .45 Colt
- Big Boy Mare's Leg - .357 Magnum, .44 Magnum, and .45 Colt
- Mini Bolt Youth - .22 LR
- Acu-Bolt - .22 LR, .22 Magnum, and .17 HMR
- Pump Action Octagon - .22 LR and .22 Magnum
- .30-30 Lever Action Steel - .30-30 Winchester
- .30-30 Lever Action Brass - .30-30 Winchester
- .45-70 Lever Action - .45-70
- AR-7 - .22 LR
In addition, Henry makes many commemorative special editions of its rifles.
- American Rifleman p. 26
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|