Herkimer County Community College
|Herkimer County Community College|
|President||Nicholas F. Laino (interim)|
|Location|| Herkimer, NY, US
500 acres (2.0 km2)
|Colors||Hunter green and gold|
|Affiliations||National Junior College Athletic Association, Region III, Mountain Valley Athletic Conference|
Herkimer County Community College is a two-year community college in the Village of Herkimer in Herkimer County, New York, USA. The college is in the northwest part of the village, bounded on the north by Reservoir Road.
The college was approved by the State University of New York in 1965, and the County Board of Supervisors authorized the college in 1966. The first class, numbering 221 freshmen, entered in the Fall of 1967 at a temporary campus in the Village of Ilion. The temporary campus was the upper floors of the Remington Arms Company. The current, permanent campus came into use in 1971.
About Herkimer County Community College
Centrally located in New York State with about 500 acres among picturesque rolling hills, Herkimer College is one of the largest residential community colleges in the state. The campus is located in the northwest corner of the Village of Herkimer overlooking the historic Mohawk River.
Approximately 3,200 students enjoy a full college experience, complete with exceptional academics, an impressive nationally ranked athletics program, state-of-the art facilities, extensive support services, and the independence and social advantages of on-campus apartment-style housing. All residential facilities are fully furnished and smoke-free environments.
Areas utilized for instruction include a seven building complex as well as outdoor and off-campus facilities. Students study comfortably in our expansive Ronald F. Williams Library and enjoy cheering on sports teams at Wehrum Stadium and other sports facilities and gather for meals in the modern dining center.
At the entrance to the stadium is Veterans Memorial Park, a beautiful spot to honor and reflect on the sacrifices of the many Herkimer County citizens who have served our country. Just beyond the stadium is the Lloyd and Carol Bull Nature Center, a college and community resource, featuring an interpretive nature trail, cross country ski trail system and cross-country running course.
Herkimer College offers programs leading to associate's degrees or certificates in several dozen program areas. The college has partnered with Cazenovia College to offer a bachelor's degrees in "Criminal Justice and Homeland Security" and Inclusive Early Childhood on the Herkimer campus. The College's Internet Academy offers 20 degrees, three certificates and more than 150 courses, as well as support services, completely online.
Herkimer College is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Art Studies
- Business: Accounting: AAS
- Business: Accounting: AS
- Business: Business Administration: AAS
- Business: Business Administration: AS
- Business: Fashion Buying & Merchandising
- Business: Health Services Management Technology
- Business: Human Resource Management
- Business: International Business
- Business: Marketing
- Business: Sports & Recreation Management
- Computer Network Technician
- Computer Support Specialist
- Criminal Justice: AAS
- Criminal Justice: AS
- Crime & Intelligence Analysis
- Criminal Justice: Cybersecurity
- Criminal Justice: Economic Crime
- Criminal Justice: Forensic Investigations
- Digital Filmmaking
- Early Childhood
- Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic
- Fine Arts
- Gender Studies
- Human Services
- Liberal Arts & Sciences: Science
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Childhood Education
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Communication Arts: New Media
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: General Studies
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Humanities
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Physical Education
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: Social Science
- Medical Coding/Transcriptionist Certificate
- Music Industry
- Photographic Technology
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radio-Television Broadcasting
- Small Business Management
- Small Business Management Certificate
- Teaching Assistant Certificate
- Travel & Tourism: Hospitality & Events Management
- Website and E-Business Development
Herkimer offers a number of scholarships that current and potential students can apply for, learn more http://www.herkimer.edu/foundation/scholarships
Campus Meadows Campus Meadows is the largest residential quad and offers several different styles of apartments including townhouses (two double bedrooms), one-bedroom flats (one double bedroom), two-bedroom flats (two double bedrooms) and dorm-style flats (one bedroom w/ four students). Each apartment includes a full kitchen, living room and bathroom. Furnished four-person apartments, double occupancy bedrooms
College Hill Apartments College Hill offers several styles of apartments including two single bedrooms, two bedrooms shared (one single bedroom and one double bedroom) and one double bedroom. Each apartment includes a full kitchen, living room and bathroom.
Reservoir Run The newest of the on-campus housing quads is Reservoir Run, featuring four–person suite style apartments. Each apartment includes a living room, full kitchen with microwave, laundry room, four single bedrooms and two bathrooms. This residential community is primarily reserved for second-year students. Furnished four-person apartments, single occupancy bedrooms
Herkimer’s athletic program began with five sports in 1970, under the direction of Tom LaPuma, and has grown to include 19 varsity offerings. With its growth has come great success with 52 NJCAA National Championships, 100 Region III titles, 142 Mountain Valley Collegiate Conference championships and 29 NJCAA Academic Team of the Year awards. The College has gained a reputation as one of the nation’s most successful junior college athletic programs.
In 2013-14, Herkimer ranked first in the nation among two-year non-scholarship athletic programs by winning the National Alliance of Two-Year College Athletic Administrators (NATYCAA) Cup. Herkimer has finished in the top five of the NATYCAA Cup since its inception 10 years ago. Herkimer also won third place in the NCAA Learfield Sports Directors Cup in 2013-14. Both programs recognize excellence in two-year colleges, based on athletic success in championship competition.
- Official website
- History of Herkimer County Community College
- Degrees Herkimer Offer
- Courses Herkimer Offer
- Herkimer County Community College Online Degrees
- Additional information about Herkimer CCC
- Herkimer Generals - Athletics