Hero of the Kazakhstan
|People's Hero of Kazakhstan|
Gold Star Medal of the award
|Awarded by the Kazakhstan|
|Eligibility||Kazakh and foreign citizens|
|Awarded for||extraordinary service to the Republic of Kazakhstan, or civil or military exploits in its name|
|Established||December 21, 1993|
|First awarded||May 23, 1994|
|Equivalent||Order of the Golden Eagle|
|Next (lower)||Hero of Labour of Kazakhstan|
|Related||Hero of the Russian Federation
Hero of Ukraine
Hero of Belarus
According to the Law on State Awards of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the honor would be bestowed on Kazakhs and foreigners who have performed extraordinary service to the Republic, or for exemplary military or civil exploits done in the name of its independence or freedom. Individuals who are granted the title also receive the Order of the Fatherland (Otan). People's Hero is the country's highest award, equaled only by the Order of the Golden Eagle. Those conferred with the title are awarded a gilded medal in the form of a seven-rayed star, with colorless Zirconium stones set between its rays. Recipients are exempt from property tax and other obligations.
The award was established by a decree of President Nursultan Nazarbayev on 21 December 1993. At 23 May 1994, Defense Minister Sagadat Nurmagambetov received the title, becoming the first People's Hero of Kazakhstan.
- Sagadat Nurmagambetov (awarded 1994).
- Toktar Aubakirov (1995)
- Talgat Musabayev (1995)
- Yuri Malenchenko (1995)
- Shafik Chokin (1996)
- Roza Baglanova (1996)
- Kayrat Ryskulbekov (1996)
- Rakhimzhan Qoshqarbaev (1999, posthumously)
- Mukhtar Altynbayev (2006)
- Baurzhan Momyshuly (posthumously)
- Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan no. 2676: On State Awards of the Republic of Kazakhstan. December 12, 1995.
- Award description page.
- The Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan: Concerning Taxes and Other Obligatory Payments to the Budget. December 10, 2008. Pages 273, 370.
- Milestones of development of Kazakhstan - 1990-2000.
- Sagadat Nurmagambetov. biografia.kz.
- People's Hero of Kazakhstan. medals.uk.