Werner and Hot Cross at the Cake Shop in NYC
|Origin||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Genres||Post-hardcore, hardcore punk, screamo|
|Years active||2000–2007 (indefinite hiatus)|
|Labels||Level Plane, Equal Vision|
|Associated acts||Saetia, Off Minor, Interpol, You and I|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (August 2014)|
Hot Cross was a post-hardcore band from Philadelphia. They were signed to Hope Division Records / Equal Vision Records. The band was composed of former members of such bands as Saetia (vocalist Billy Werner and drummer Greg Drudy, who was also a founding member and the original drummer of post-punkers Interpol), Off Minor (bassist/guitarist Matt Smith), You and I (guitarist Casey Boland), Neil Perry, The Now and Joshua Fit For Battle (bassist/guitarist Josh Jakubowski). Their songs are composed of intricate (and in the beginning of their career, dueling) guitars heavily influenced by Drive Like Jehu.
On May 2, 2006, Hot Cross has officially announced that they have signed to Hope Division/Equal Vision Records and will be releasing their next full length on this label.
On August 10, 2006, the band announced on their website that they would be re-recording their CD originally recorded by Mike Hill this past spring. The album will now be recorded by former Hot Cross member Josh Jakubowski.
On July 7, 2007, the band officially announced on their MySpace that they were "indefinitely inactive," effectively ending their 7 years together and cutting their 2007 tour short.
- Split with Light the Fuse and Run (Songs: 1. The Eye Is a Tricky Machine 2. In Memory of Movern)
- Split with Lickgoldensky (Songs: 1. A Voice Turned Vacant 2. Patience and Prudence)
- Split with The Holy Shroud (Songs: 1. Tacoma)
- Billy Werner - lead vocals
- Josh Jakubowski - guitar, vocals
- Casey Boland - guitar, vocals
- Matt Smith - bass
- Greg Drudy - drums
- Official site
- Interview with Billy from 2011 about post-Hot Cross life
- Interview with Billy shortly before the release of Cryonics[dead link]
- An interview with Billy from Hot Cross from Under the Volcano issue 96
- Hot Cross lyrics
- Hot Cross Interview at REDEFINE Magazine, March 2007
- Billy Werner talks about Hot Cross, Risk Revival, Saetia with Punknews.org