IEEE Transactions on Magnetics
|IEEE Transactions on Magnetics|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|IEEE Trans. Magn.|
|Discipline||Magnetism, magnetic materials, engineering, electrical engineering|
|Edited by||David Jiles|
IEEE Magnetics Society (United States)
IEEE Transactions on Magnetics is a peer-reviewed scientific journal that covers research on the basic physics of magnetism, magnetic materials, applied magnetics, magnetic devices, and magnetic data storage. The journal publishes scholarly articles, tutorial expositions, critical reviews of classical subjects and topics of current interest.
Categories of articles
- Classics in Magnetics: re-publication of landmark articles in magnetics
- Advances in Magnetics: review papers on current topics
- Contributed Papers: unsolicited technical articles, typically less than 15 pages long
- Letters: short technical communications less than 3 pages in length
- Selected Conference Papers: technical papers connected with specific conferences and organized by guest editors
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Scopus, PubMed, Web of Science, and several CSA and EBSCOhost indexes. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2010 impact factor of 1.363, ranking it 61st out of 125 in the category "Physics, Applied" and 94th out of 245 in the category "Engineering, Electrical & Electronic".
- "IEEE Transactions on Magnetics". Retrieved September 2010.
- "IEEE Transactions on Magnetics". Ulrichsweb Global Serials Directory. Retrieved September 2011.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Physics, Applied". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Engineering, Electrical & Electronic". 2011 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2012.