I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel
|I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel|
|Studio album by Current 93|
|Released||4 March 2014|
|Genre||Experimental rock, neofolk|
|Current 93 chronology|
I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel is an album by British experimental music group, Current 93. It was released on 4 March 2014 through The Spheres record label. The album, which was premiered live on 12 February 2014 at Union Chapel in Islington, features contributions from various artists, including James Blackshaw, Andrew Liles, Ossian Brown, Antony Hegarty, Nick Cave, John Zorn and These New Puritans member Jack Barnett.
Upon its release, I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel generally received rave review. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from critics, the album received an average score of 72, which indicates "generally favorable reviews", based on 4 reviews. Thom Jurek of Allmusic praised the album, stating: "As displayed on I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel, it's also simultaneously holistic, maddening, erotic, bleak, bright, and most of all, visionary." Uncut magazine also wrote: "I Am The Last has a wind in its sails, though, thanks to Tibet's preacher vigour, and an extraordinary guestlist." Nevertheless, Grayson Currin of Pitchfork was mixed in his assessment of the album: "There are flutes and poetry readings, floods of noise and wisps of bass clarinet. Still, such an astounding lineup only serves to reinforce the disappointment of the flat and oftentimes gangly Field."
All songs written by Current 93.
- "The Invisible Church" – 6:32
- "Those Flowers Grew – 8:42
- "Kings And Things – 6:22
- "With The Dromedaries – 5:37
- "The Heart Full Of Eyes – 5:46
- "Mourned Winter Then – 5:55
- "And Onto PickNickMagick – 7:52
- "Why Did The Fox Bark? – 6:22
- "I Remember The Berlin Boys – 3:49
- "Spring Sand Dreamt Larks – 4:32
- "I Could Not Shift The Shadow – 6:12
- James Blackshaw – bass
- Jon Seagroatt – bass clarinet
- Carl Stokes – drums
- Andrew Liles – electronics, mixing
- Alex Nizich – engineering
- James Griffith – engineering
- Pablo Clements – engineering
- Tony McPhee – guitar
- Ossian Brown – hurdy gurdy
- The Bricoleur – mastering
- Jack Barnett – organ, vocals
- Reinier Van Houdt – piano
- John Zorn – saxophone
- David Tibet – vocals, mixing
- Antony Hegarty – vocals
- Bobbie Watson – vocals
- Nick Cave – vocals
- Norbert Kox – vocals
- "Current 93 announce new album, I Am The Last of All the Field That Fell". Fact. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Burnett, Joseph (12 February 2014). "Live Report: Current 93". The Quietus. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Minsker, Evan (6 November 2013). "Current 93's Next Album Features Nick Cave, Antony, These New Puritans' Barnett, More". Pitchfork. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel - Current 93". Metacritic. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Jurek, Thom. "Current 93 - I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel". Allmusic. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Currin, Grayson (20 March 2014). "Current 93 I Am the Last of All the Field That Fell: A Channel". Pitchfork. Retrieved 9 May 2014.