Iisa Pa Lamang
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: messy formatting, capitalized every word in some sentences. (March 2013)|
|Iisa Pa Lamang|
|Genre||Romance, Melodrama, Suspense|
|Directed by||Ruel Santos Bayani
Emmanuel Quindo Palo
Cherry Pie Picache
|Opening theme||Iisa Pa Lamang by Lani Misalucha|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||85|
|Executive producer(s)||Emerald Suarez|
Nagcarlan, Laguna, Philippines
Tierra Pura Subd., Quezon City, Philippines
|Camera setup||Multi-camera setup|
|Running time||40 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Dreamscape Entertainment TV|
|Picture format||NTSC 480i|
|Original run||July 14, 2008– November 7, 2008|
It is a suspense melodrama produced by ABS-CBN's drama department. It is led by actress Claudine Barretto, showing her worth not as a multi-awarded actress in movies and television but even with a powerhouse cast and reigning her role as the Second Queen of Philippine Soap Opera. It is also known as the 60th year Of Philippine Soap Opera's Best Soaps to be memorized by Philippine viewers.
Throughout its run, NUTAM Ratings in November 2008 made it official that the soap reigned the No.1 spot with a 33.6%
Since 2011, Iisa Pa Lamang has also been pending to be sold to the Asian Market in 11 countries. In 2013, Malaysian Network Astro Bella will air the series gaining rights to all episodes subtitled and dubbed in the Malaysian language. The series is also part of ABS-CBN International Sales, a popular line-up of Pure Filipino Telenovelas by Pioneering Award Winning Network ABS-CBN.
The story revolves on a barrio lass Catherine Ramirez (Claudine Barretto), a young woman who has been deprived of everything. Due to her mother's death and her father's disappearance, Catherine grows concerned that maybe one day someone will abandon her and will end up like her parents. She grows up in the care of her grandmother Aurora (Susan Roces). The family is connected to the Castillejos, a family Aurora is a part of; she was born out of wedlock to the late Castillejo patriarch.
Their lives seem to be in an unlike fate when Isadora (Cherry Pie Picache) the greedy new wife of Aurora's stepbrother tries to take control of half of their property. Isadora has a son named Miguel. On the night of their arrival Miguel runs away after being horribly abused by his mother. Miguel runs into the barn where Catherine follows him and sees him cry. The young Rafael (AJ Perez) saves the two in an unlike fire. Catherine suddenly sees Rafael as a guardian while Miguel owes his life but is jealous. The young puppy love is cut short, but Catherine remembers the promise the three made that when the time comes they will all meet again.
Catherine (Claudine Barretto) grows into a beautiful woman. When Miguel (Diether Ocampo) comes home, a longing affection strikes them and draws an attraction. But beyond their happiest moments Rafael (Gabby Concepcion) comes home to visit the two. What Catherine does not know is that they returned just to see her and spend moments with her. Miguel's ex-girlfriend Scarlet (Angelica Panganiban) comes from abroad to disturb Miguel. Catherine and Miguel try to escape and get help from Rafael. Catherine is abducted leaving them worried and speechless.
Three months pass and Catherine is trapped in a basement. She tries her best to run away and is saved by Louella from this heartache. She decides to regain her strength from the pain that this has caused her. Catherine, in the middle of hope and salvation, meets a rich old man Martin Dela Rhea Bembol Roco. After finding important belongings and a load of cash at a park repays the offer to give her a scholarship. She agrees and does well — leading her to a position and then a proposal of marriage. Even though her grandmother opposes, she uses this as a way to fight off Isadora and Scarlet who is actually Miguel's wife of and Martin's spoiled daughter. But how long will she be happy? How long will she suffer the consequences of her decision? Who will be the only one so far to love her? In the end, whom will she choose: Rafael or Miguel?
Iisa Pa Lamang is a beautiful primetime drama with an ensemble of award-winning actors that focuses on the depths of a woman and a society, and those around her who will endure her happiness, hardships, and the pain of loving and surviving on all doubts.
- Claudine Barretto as Catherine Ramirez-Torralba
- Gabby Concepcion as Atty. Cong. Rafael Torralba
- Diether Ocampo as Miguel Castillejos†
- Angelica Panganiban as Scarlet dela Rhea-Castillejos
- Susan Roces as Lola Aura Castillejos†
- Laurice Guillen as Estelle Torralba
- Cherry Pie Picache as Isadora Castillejos†
- Matt Evans as Toby Torralba
- Melissa Ricks as Sofia Castillejos-Torralba
- Joel Torre as Rolando Ramirez†
- Bembol Roco as Martin dela Rhea†
- Jaime Fabregas as Enrique Torralba†
- Jestoni Alarcon as Vernon Valenciano
- Daniel Fernando as Marco Selveste†
- Frances Ignacio as Winnie Ignacio
- Martin del Rosario as Eric Suarez
- AJ Perez as young Rafael Torralba
- Beauty Gonzalez as Jenna
- Cheska Garcia as Tracy
- Kitkat as Louella
- Aldred Gatchalian
- Neil Ryan Sese as Atty. Sanchez†
- Reb Sibal as Jonas
- The series became 2008's Hottest Television Primetime Drama, leading with GMA-7's Dyesebel which was also on the Top Lead of the success of High Ratings.
- Angelica Panganiban, who was given the role of Scarlet, was given a chance to play the recent Hottest Television Series Rubi a Philippine Adaptation of the Mexican Soap Opera of 2004 made by Television Franchise Televisa the lead of The Hottest Mexican International Soaps which made airwaves and ran Two times on ABS-CBN in 2005, and 2007, In the Morning, and Several different times in other regions of the Philippines
- It became Claudine Barretto's last Television Series on ABS-CBN Proceeding a guesting in 2009's Multi-Awarded Longest Running Primetime Soap May Bukas Pa.
- The Television Series is Mostly Composed of Multi-Awarded Actors and Actresses In Movies, Film, Theatre and Past and Present Awarded Actors and Actresses,
- Mellisa Ricks and Matt Evans First Primetime TV series before doing Afternoon Daytime dramas such as the Remake of Jim Fernandez' Kambal Sa Uma in 2009 which was a serialized Popular comic and hit movie in the early to mid '70s and 2010s Recent Offering Tanging Yaman.
- It became Gabby Concepcion's First Obligation on ABS-CBN And was a new face to and In Primetime and his comeback to The Philippine Showbiz Industry and has Worked with Claudine in Star Drama Theater Presents: Gabby in the mid '90s in an episode.
- Diether Ocampo's Second Team-Up with Claudine for 2008 after the Sineserye Presents :The Susan Roces Cinema Collection Trilogy: Maligno a Second Offering from the Gold Series of Suspense Thrillers of The Queen Of Philippine Movies Ms. Susan Roces and Angelica Panganiban's First Tandem in this series and this 2010's Rubi as their comeback Tandem to work together.
- Ruel Santos Bayani is the director of the Primetime Soap Claudine Barretto has mostly worked with Wenn V. Deramas, and Ruel Santos Bayani used to be Claudine Barretto's Director and Writer for her First Primetime Top Rating '90s soap Mula Sa Puso Alongside Diether Ocampo and the late Rico Yan in 1997–1999
- It became the Royal Drama of 2008 with the biggest lines to finish off on television with Claudine Barretto's intense moments with actresses and mostly Angelica Panganiban's character Scarlet and her nemesis and villain, Cherry Pie Picache's Cruel Money Hungry Esteemed Isadora,
- Nominated in 2009's PMPC and Guillermo Mendoza Awards for Most-Loved Drama Television Series, Best Actress Claudine Barretto, Best Performance
- In 2012, Erik Santos made a cover of the drama's theme song and included in the second volume of the official soundtrack of another ABS-CBN teleserye Walang Hanggan