||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (September 2012)|
|Headquarters||Miami, Florida, United States|
Inktel is a global outsourcer of business services and direct marketing services, including Fulfillment (as well as inventory management and order processing) and Call Center services, but also including other services such as Direct Mail/Lettershop, E-commerce, Data Management, Social Media and Graphic Design. Inktel's clients include various Fortune 500 companies, federal/state/local government agencies, and non-profit organizations.
Founded in 1997, Inktel is headquartered in Miami, FL with additional operations in Chicago, Fort Lauderdale, Minneapolis, and Connecticut among other cities. In 2003, the firm had more than $40 million in annual revenues. Inktel is owned by President and CEO, Ricky Arriola, and his brother, Executive Vice President, Dan Arriola.
Services and divisions
Inktel, founded in 2009, provides direct marketing services to international clients. Service offerings include inbound and outbound call center services, fulfillment and inventory management, direct mail and lettershop, e-commerce, data management and optimization, social media and graphic design.
Inktel provides order fulfillment, inventory management, warehousing, pick-and-pack, kitting, sampling, direct mail, and a number of other fulfillment services out of its 240,000-square-foot (22,000 m2) warehouse in Chicago, Illinois.
Contact center services
Inktel provides inbound and outbound contact center services, including customer service, complaint resolution, customer retention programs, order-taking, inbound and outbound sales, as well as a number of other types of call center services. Inktel provides services in a dozen languages and houses over 500 contact center seats in three locations: Chicago, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. In 2010, Inktel was named a "Top Outsourcer" in the contact center industry by "Contact Center World."
Inktel supports e-commerce websites through both order warehousing, inventory management, call center order-taking, call center customer service and web development and design. Additionally, Inktel builds custom-designed customizable marketing web portals.
"Passion for People™" Philosophy
Inktel's employee-focus has won several awards and has been noted in several publications, including being named the "Best Company to Work For" in the state of Florida.
Inktel's Human Resources Department (or "Human Capital" Department, as they deem it), earned the "Excellence in Human Resources" Award, as presented by the South Florida Business Journal. Inktel's multistep and exhaustive hiring process includes multiple rounds of interviews per candidate, utilizing the hiring philosophy of "TopGrading," behavioral interviews, a personality test known as the Predictive Index, background and drug screenings, an intelligence test known as the Wonderlic, and more.
Ongoing learning and development is a major component to Inktel's philosophy. The company operates an internal "university", the Inktel Excellence Academy (IDEA), where employees can take course in general business skills as well as company-specific courses. Employee Benefit News called this "...a unique work-life touch to training that has enhanced learning, increased employee satisfaction and reduced absenteeism." The department is led by Michelle Roza, a Certified Professional Coach and AchieveGlobal certified trainer.
Inktel's "iCares" program has contributed to organizations such as St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Big Brothers Big Sisters, the Northern Illinois Food Bank, the Veterans of Foreign Wars Foundation, Hands on Miami and numerous others.
Awards and recognition
Inktel has been awarded
- "Workplace Excellence" Award Finalist by the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce in 2010
- "Best Company to Work For" in all of Florida in 2009 and #4 in 2010
- "Best Place to Work" in South Florida in 2008, 2009 and 2010
- "Best Place to Work" Honorable Mention in Chicago by Crain's Chicago Business in 2010
- American Teleservices Association’s "Outstanding Corporate Citizen Award" in both 2008 and 2009.
- Top 20 Outsourcer Awards for the past four years
- "Inktel.com Home Page". Inktel official web site. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- "Connecticut". Inktel.com. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- "City Manager Confirmed". The Miami Herald. January 29, 2003. pp. 3B. "Arriola, nominated by Mayor Manny Diaz and confirmed by city commissioners, has little background in running a government. But he believes the 30 years he spent building his small print shop into a $42 million printing empire will be his guide."
- "Florida Trend Best Company to Work For in Florida - 2009". Florida Trend (St. Petersburg, FL: Trend Magazines Inc.). August 1, 2009. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- "Inktel Services". Inktel.com. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- "Inktel's Services". Inktel.com. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "Inktel wins Top Outsourcer Award". Inktel.com. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "Inktel E-brochure Eye-Tracking Study". Inktel.com. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "Inktel Partners with AmericanEagle.com". Inktel.com. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "Excellence in Human Resources". South Florida Business Journal. 16 October 2010. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- "Best Practices in Hiring". Florida Trend. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- "Client Voice: Inktel". Predictive Index. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- Sweeney, Kevin (June 1, 2003). "Balanced training: Inktel's corporate university promotes work-life "studies"". Employee Benefit News.
- Vogel, Mike (August 1, 2009). "Hire calling: many companies know the principles of effective hiring. It takes discipline to actually implement them.". Florida Trend.
- "Michelle Oliva". LinkedIn. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- "Michelle Oliva". Inktel.com. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- "iCares: Inktel Cares". Inktel's iCares site. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "Focus on Employees Helps Bottom Line". Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 15 May 2011.
- "2009 SFBJ Best Places to Work". South Florida Business Journal. September 25, 2009. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- "American Teleservices Association's Convention Marks 25 Years of Industry Integrity". Indianapolis, IN: American Teleservices Association. October 17, 2008. Retrieved 17 February 2010.
- "Top 20 Outsourcer Award". (link broken). Retrieved 17 February 2010.