|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (January 2011)|
|Past members||Gee Morris
Masterminded by the production team of Anna Jolley, Mark Jolley and Brian Harris, Innocence's sound was similar to then-popular group Soul II Soul, but also addied elements of downtempo and chillout music. Signed to Cooltempo Records, the group's debut single, "Natural Thing", became their biggest UK hit in 1990, peaking at #16. The 12" version of the song featured the complete introduction and guitar solo by David Gilmour, from the Pink Floyd song, "Shine On You Crazy Diamond".
That same year they released their debut album, Belief, which was a Top 30 hit in the UK Albums Chart. The album spawned four further singles, all but one charting inside the UK Top 40. Belief was released in the US the following year, adding a cover version of "Riders on the Storm", originally by The Doors, which was not available in the UK edition. The album and its singles only found modest success in the US Billboard R&B chart.
In 1992, they released their second album, Build. Never released in the US, it was less successful than their debut, although two of its singles became Top 40 hits in the UK. After this album, the group disbanded. Gee Morris later released an unsuccessful self-titled solo album in 1994.
|"Let's Push It"||25||—||37||39||21|
|"A Matter Of Fact"||37||—||57||—||—|
|1991||"Remember The Day"||56||—||—||—||—|
|1992||"I'll Be There"||26||—||—||—||—||Build|
|"One Love In My Lifetime"||40||—||—||—||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released.|
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 269. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Official Charts Company: Innocence". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Innocence - Dutch Chart". dutchcharts.nl. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Innocence - German Chart". charts.de. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Innocence - US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs Chart". billboard.com. Retrieved 2014-04-14.
- "Innocence - US Dance Club Songs Chart". billboard.com. Retrieved 2014-04-14.