Institutional Investor magazine is a monthly periodical published by Euromoney Institutional Investor. A separate international edition of the magazine was established in 1976 for readers in Europe and Asia. Capital Cities Communications purchased the magazine in 1984. The Walt Disney Company bought Capital Cities in 1996 and sold the magazine to Euromoney a year later.
Research and rankings
Institutional Investor magazine publishes global research and rankings throughout the year. These include
- II 300 - the annual biggest asset managers
- Hedge Fund 100 - the biggest hedge funds
- All-America Executive Team - America's best executives
- All-Europe Executive Team - Europe's best executives
- All-Asia Executive Team - Asia's best executives
- All-America Research Team - America's best analysts
- All-Europe Research Team - Europe's best analysts
- All-Asia Research Team - Asia's best analysts
- The World's Best Hotels
Absolute Return + Alpha magazine is a monthly periodical that provides a focus on the hedge fund industry. It was established in 2009, as a successor to the magazine Alpha.