||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014)|
||This article may be an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or an institution related to the subject. (February 2014)|
Mack earned a doctorate in Applied Mathematics from Harvard University, and a Sloan Fellow MBA from the London Business School. Mack is also a former derivatives and quantitative finance analyst and trader who has worked in financial institutions in the U.S., London and Asia.[which?] She has also spent some of her professional career at NASA, Boeing and AT&T Bell Laboratories, where she obtained a patent for research on optical fibers.
Mack lectures and consults on energy derivatives, quantitative finance and high frequency trading for the Fitch 7City Certificate of Quantitative Finance Program in New York City, Fitch 7City Corporate Finance Consulting Group in Singapore and The Terrapinn Group in Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia and London. In 2010 and 2011 she wrote a number of articles for the Huffington Post including "Bob Rubin Just Wants to Be Cuddled" where she describes her relationship with Bob Rubin in 2007 and 2008 during the financial crisis while he was Chairman and "Senior Counselor" at Citigroup. She currently lectures at the graduate level on energy trading and risk management at the Freeman School of Business.
She also serves on the boards of the United States National Research Council's Transportation Research Board, the Edwin Moses Global Institute, the AlgoAnalytics Trading and Financial Analytics (India), MarketExpress Financial News and Research (India), the Women Mentor Women Foundation and the I Can Still Do That Foundation.
Mack founded Phat Math Inc. in Miami, Florida in 2003. A few years later in 2007 she and her colleagues at Phat Math launched their prototype mathematics edutainment social network PhatMath.com. Students in grades K-12 and College have access to free 24/7 online math homework help on PhatMath.com, which was named one of the Top 50 Social Sites for Educators and Academics and 25 Useful Networking Sites for Grad Students.[by whom?]
She has been an astronaut semifinalist, one of Glamour Magazine’s “Top 10” college students, one of Glamour’s “Top 10” working women, an investment banker, an Enron Energy Trader and an MIT professor. In addition, she was the second African-American female to earn a doctorate in Applied Mathematics from Harvard. Later she became a mathematics and business school professor, while simultaneously running a consulting firm.
- Energy Trading and Risk Management: A Practical Approach to Hedging, Trading and Portfolio Diversification, ISBN 978-1118339336
- Mama says, "Money Doesn't Grow on Trees!", ISBN 978-1413408911
- Mama says, "Money Doesn't Grow on Trees!": World of Dr. Mackamatix Mathematics Edutainment Book, ISBN 978-1456502904
- Convergence analysis of block implicit one-step methods for solving differential/algebraic equations, ISBN 978-1175753960
- Generalized Picard-Lindelf theory, ISBN 978-1178750638
- "Iris Mack Bio". http://www.huffingtonpost.com/. "Huffington Post". Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- "Iris Mack Bio". http://www.math.buffalo.edu/. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- "Dr. Iris Mack". CQF. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- "Corporate and finance division". Fitchlearning.com. Retrieved 2014-02-05.
- "Dr. Iris Mack". Terrapinntraining.com. Retrieved 2014-02-05.