|Census-designated place (CDP)|
|Elevation||522 ft (159 m)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1493130|
Ivy is a census-designated place (CDP) in Albemarle County, Virginia, United States. The population as of the 2010 Census was 905. It is a small unincorporated community located on U.S. Route 250, just west of Charlottesville.
- Meriwether Lewis is a notable native of Ivy.
- Ivy is also home to former Representative Tom Perriello
- Joe Hicks, former Major League Baseball player.
- Donovan Webster, journalist, author, and screenwriter.
Climate is characterized by relatively high temperatures and evenly distributed precipitation throughout the year. The Köppen Climate Classification subtype for this climate is "Cfa" (Humid Subtropical Climate).
- "Ivy". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey.
- Virginia Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-06-08.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2010-07-09.
- "Birthplace of Meriwether Lewis Marker". The Historical Marker Database. Retrieved 2011-01-07.
- "About Tom Perriello". Lynchburg News & Advance. Retrieved 2011-02-05.
- Climate Summary for Ivy, Virginia
|This Albemarle County, Virginia state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|