|41st Mayor of Fort Lauderdale|
March 17, 2009
|Preceded by||Jim Naugle|
|Member of the Florida House of Representatives
from the 92nd district
January 2001 – January 2009
|Preceded by||Tracy Stafford|
|Succeeded by||Gwyndolen Clarke-Reed|
|Mayor of Wilton Manors|
|Succeeded by||John Fiore|
May 27, 1963 |
Fort Collins, Colorado, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of Notre Dame
University of Miami
John P. "Jack" Seiler (born May 27, 1963) is an American politician and Mayor of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Prior to this he was a Democratic member of the Florida House of Representatives, from 2000 to 2008 representing District 92 which is located in Broward County, Florida. He served as mayor, vice mayor and city council member of Wilton Manors, Florida from 1993 to 2000.
Seiler was a candidate to succeed term-limited Jim Naugle in the 2009 mayoral election for Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He was elected February 10, 2009, winning against three opponents with more than 57 percent of the vote, avoiding a run-off election. Analysis of the race suggests Seiler won because of high name recognition and strong fundraising which exceeded $250,000. Seiler was sworn in March 17, 2009. On January 31, 2012, Seiler was reelected with 75.03% of the vote in a three-way race.
- "Rep. John P. "Jack" Seiler". Florida House of Representatives. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Lyons, Doug (2007-07-02). "Who will succeed Jack Seiler?". South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved 2009-02-11. ("Next year will be state Rep. Jack Seiler's last year in the Florida House ...")
- Sherman, Amy (2009-02-11). "Jack Seiler wins race for Fort Lauderdale mayor". The Miami Herald. Retrieved 2009-02-11.[dead link]
- Man, Anthony (2009-02-10). "Jack Seiler, Fort Lauderdale's new mayor: "It feels great"". South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Wallman, Brittany (2009-02-10). "Seiler crushes opponents in Ft. Lauderdale mayoral win, Rodstrom will get second term". South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Wallman, Brittany (2009-02-09). "Jack Seiler tops $250,000 in contributions for Lauderdale mayor's race". South Florida Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved 2009-02-11.
- Sherman, Amy (2009-03-17). "Fort Lauderdale commission swearing-in marks changing of the guard". The Miami Herald. Retrieved 2009-03-17.[dead link]
- "Presidential Preference Primary and Municipal Elections: 1/31/2012". Broward Country Supervisor of Elections. Retrieved November 4, 2012.
- "Mayor John P. "Jack" Seiler". City of Fort Lauderdale.
- "John P. Jack Seiler for Mayor - Ft. Lauderdale". Official Campaign Website.
- Follow the Money - John P. Seiler
|Mayor of Fort Lauderdale