Cuadra went to school at San Agustin in Lima. He began his career in the music industry with a job at his father's audio publicity studio in 1985. In 1986, he studied music with Victor Cuadros and Pepe Torres, and together they formed a rock 'n roll band called "Graffiti".
In 1988 he studied cinematography at Robles Godoy Institute; at the same time, he also studied camera direction and editing at INICTEL. In 1989 he traveled to Vancouver, Canada, to study post production and music at the Vancouver Film School.
In 1990—1992 Cuadra studied audiovisual communications at IPP while recording and producing his first CD as a solo singer, "Jaime Cuadra", a pop fusion of Afro-Peruvian music for El Virrey, for which he won the 91-92 "Circes" awards. In 1993, he studied musical arrangements with Jorge Madueño and recorded his second album "Baila Mi Son" for the same recording label.
In 1994, he dedicated himself to his audio publicity company, "Quadrasonic SAC" and is currently the musical director. In 2005 he created "Quadrasonic Ideas", an independent recording company annex to his professional audio studio, producing: "Cholo Soy: Peruvian Waltz Chillout", in June 2006. In September 2006, he won his first gold record, setting a record in sales in the Peruvian market.
- Clio Awards
- New York Festivals
- Grand APAP
- Gold Dial
- Ojo de Iberoamerica
- Year Enterprise
- Cannes Audio Publicity Award
- Independent Music Award, Best World Fusion Album for Peruvian Waltz Chillout 
- Silver Lion, CANNES for audio "Duracell" batteries publicity (July 2007).
- Award for BEST PRODUCER OF THE YEAR, given by Indecopi, Peru (October 2007).
- BEST WORLD FUSION ALBUM "Cholo Soy Peruvian Waltz Chillout" by "IMA AWARDS" New York (Independence Music Awards, November 2007).
- Three themes of his CHOLO SOY album were included in the James Bond film Quantum of Solace (October 2008).
- Gold records for CHOLO 3 - 2013
- Vásquez, Mayra Castillo (26 March 2007). "Cholos criollos en chillout" [Cholos chillout creole]. El Comercio Peru (in Spanish). Retrieved 1 July 2010.
- "Peru's Jaime Cuadra invited to James Bond "Quantum of Solace" New York premiere". Andina. Peru News Agency. 10 November 2008. Retrieved 1 July 2010.
- "Jaime Cuadra lanza disco 'Cholo Soy for Babies'" [Jaime Cuadra releases album 'Cholo Soy for Babies']. Terra Networks Peru (in Spanish). 22 December 2006. Retrieved 2 July 2010.
- Independent Music Awards - 7th Annual Winners