James Cotton (basketball)
Cotton was born in Los Angeles, California and played Basketball at Artesia High School before Transferring to St. John Bosco High School in Bellflower, California. He played college basketball at Long Beach State. Cotton requested he be redshirted at the university.
Cotton, a 6' 5" (1.96 m) shooting guard, left Long Beach State early and was selected with the fourth pick of the 2nd round (32nd overall) in the 1997 NBA Draft by the Denver Nuggets. His rights were then traded to the Seattle SuperSonics in a swap for the draft rights to Bobby Jackson.
He was used sparingly by the Sonics over two seasons until he and Hersey Hawkins were involved in a player trade to the Chicago Bulls in exchange for Brent Barry on August 12, 1999. Cotton was waived by the Bulls prior to the commencement of the 1999-2000 NBA season. He also played with the West Sydney Razorbacks in the Australian National Basketball League.
- "James Wesley Cotton". databaseBasketball.com. Retrieved November 18, 2012.
- "The Mature Decision : James Cotton Jr., 17, Will Redshirt His First Year at Cal State Long Beach". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 18, 2012.
- "James Wesley Cotton". Baseball-Reference.com. Retrieved November 18, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to James Cotton (basketball).|
- College & NBA stats @ basketballreference.com
- Early article about James Cotton by Rick Alonzo