||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2007)|
Blount in 2007.
|No. 30, 15|
November 30, 1975 |
Yonkers, New York
|Listed height||7 ft 0 in (2.13 m)|
|Listed weight||250 lb (113 kg)|
Oak Hill Academy
|NBA draft||1997 / Round: 2 / Pick: 54th overall|
|Selected by the Seattle SuperSonics|
|Pro playing career||1997–2010|
|1997||Yakima Sun Kings (CBA)|
|1997–1998||Paris Basket Racing (France)|
|1998||Atlantic City Seagulls (USBL)|
|1998||La Crosse Bobcats (CBA)|
|1999–2000||Baltimore Bayrunners (IBL)|
|2000||New Jersey Shorecats (USBL)|
|Career NBA statistics|
|Points||4,941 (8.2 ppg)|
|Rebounds||2,784 (4.6 rpg)|
|Blocks||508 (0.8 apg)|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Mark D. Blount (// BLUNT; born November 30, 1975) is an American retired professional basketball player. He was a 7'0" (2.13 m) tall, 250 lb (113 kg) center with several teams in the National Basketball Association.
Blount spent his freshman year of high school in Summerville, South Carolina, playing for Summerville High School. He then transferred to Oak Hill Academy. He then went to Dobbs Ferry High School for his senior year and was named Mr. Basketball for Westchester County. He played his collegiate basketball at the University of Pittsburgh before being drafted 54th overall in the 1997 NBA Draft by the Seattle SuperSonics, and spent three seasons in the minor American leagues.
During the 2003–04 NBA season, Blount emerged as a dependable center, putting up 10.3 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 1.29 blocks per game in 29.3 minutes per game. He had a 28-point, 21-rebound game vs. the Orlando Magic on March 1, 2004.
- August 1, 2000 – Signed with the Boston Celtics as a free agent.
- August 8, 2002 – Signed with the Denver Nuggets as a free agent.
- February 20, 2003 – Traded to the Boston Celtics.
- On January 26, 2006, Blount, along with Ricky Davis, Marcus Banks, Justin Reed, and two conditional second-round draft picks, were traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Wally Szczerbiak, Michael Olowokandi, Dwayne Jones and a conditional first-round draft pick.
- On October 24, 2007, Blount was traded to the Miami Heat along with teammate Ricky Davis in exchange for the Heat's Antoine Walker, Michael Doleac, Wayne Simien and a first-round draft pick.
- On March 1, 2010, Blount was waived by the Timberwolves.
NBA career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
- Szczerbiak, Davis change teams in seven-player trade. Updated January 27, 2006
- By trading two more veteran starters, Wolves grow even younger. Updated October 24, 2007
- "Minnesota Acquires Mark Blount from the Heat". NBA.com. 2009-08-13. Retrieved 2009-08-14.
- TIMBERWOLVES WAIVE C MARK BLOUNT