James Madison High School (San Antonio)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012)|
|James Madison High School|
|5005 Stahl Road
San Antonio, Texas, 78247
|School type||Public, High School|
|School district||North East ISD|
|Assistant principals||Kelly Taylor
|Color(s)||Orange, Blue, and White
‹See Tfm› ‹See Tfm› ‹See Tfm›
|Feeder schools||Wood Middle School
Driscoll Middle School
Harris Middle School
|Rival schools||Smithson Valley High School
Reagan High School
Founded in 1976, Madison High School graduated its first class in 1980. The school won the Superintendent’s Pride Trophy for six consecutive years. Offering space for 3200+ students, the school currently has the largest student population in its district.
It was announced that Madison High School would be the first school to play in the new Heroes Stadium on August 28, 2009.
Agriscience Magnet Program
James Madison High School is home to an Agriscience Magnet Program. The program is one of the largest of its kind in Texas.
- Norm Charlton - former Major League Baseball Relief Pitcher
- David Edwards - motivational speaker. As a varsity football player for the school's football team, he suffered paralysis in a game-time injury and became a motivational speaker. His death in 2008 prompted the school to hold an annual "David Edwards Day" on June 21 where students and faculty members sport the number 5 (his football number) in his memory
- Jeff Foster - former NBA Basketball Player
- Jared Padalecki - actor 
- Todd Pletcher -leading American thoroughbred horse trainer
- James Madison High School Information
- "Norm Charlton". The Baseball Cube. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- "David Ewards 1987-2008". James Madison High School. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- "Jeff Foster". Basketball-Reference.Com. Retrieved June 24, 2013.
- "Jared Padelecki". IMDb. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- "Madison grad's five horses no guarantee at Kentucky Derby". San Antonio Express News. Retrieved June 24, 2013.