|Full name||Jamie Richard Harnwell|
|Date of birth||21 July 1977|
|Place of birth||Perth, Australia|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|Playing position||Centre Back, Striker (Retired)|
|2008||→ FC Vaduz (loan)||12||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 February 2011.
† Appearances (Goals).
In 2003 Harnwell had a one-month contract with Leyton Orient in Football League Two, which was not extended. He then played a game for Welling United at Southern Football League Premier Division. At the end of the 2003 English football season, Harnwell returned to Perth and rejoined the Perth Glory. After playing with the Glory in the 2003/2004 season of the National Soccer League, the NSL was disbanded, and Harnwell had the option to continue his career overseas in England. Harnwell played for Western Australian State League club Sorrento FC with his younger brother Todd while he waited for the A-League to begin.
During the 2006/07 A-League season, Glory coach Ron Smith used Harnwell in a striking capacity and Harnwell scored the opening goal in the 2–1 win over Newcastle Jets. On 26 November Harnwell netted the first hat-trick of the A-League season in the 4–1 win against the New Zealand Knights.
On 28 December 2006, following a 0–0 draw with Adelaide United, Harnwell and Glory team mate Adrian Webster had an altercation, with the latter punching Harnwell. Both players were reprimanded by Perth Glory, fined half a week's wages and given a suspended one match ban. Against Adelaide in November 2007, Harnwell played his 200th game for the Glory, the third player to do so after Bobby Despotovski and Scott Miller.
Harnwell was a part of the 2009/2010 squad that made the Hyundai A-League Finals for the first time in the club's history. The club announced that Harnwell had signed on for the 2010/11 season in April 2010, On 3 October 2010, Harnwell broke Bobby Despotovski's record of 241 appearances for Perth Glory to become the most capped player of all time.
A-League career statistics
(Correct as of 8 August 2010)
With Perth Glory:
- NSL Championship: 2002–03, 2003–04
- Taylor, John (12 September 2003). "Socceroo will lead Rangers". The Daily Telegraph. p. 125.
- "Harnwell named Glory captain". The Age. 5 May 2005. Retrieved 23 February 2008.
- Clarke, Tim (9 August 2007). "Colosimo new Glory captain". Perth Now. Retrieved 23 February 2008.
- "Webster escapes ban". TV NZ. 30 December 2006. Retrieved 23 February 2008.
- "Glory coach Dave Mitchell banned from touchline". Perth Now. 20 November 2007. Retrieved 23 February 2008.
- Fergie Out At Fury, Joins Glory – Australia News – Australian FourFourTwo – The Ultimate Football Website
- Sun sets on Harnwell's Glory days – inMyCommunity – Perth, Western Australia
- Perth Glory stalwart Jamie Harnwell to hang up his boots | Perth Now
- TWAG Exclusive – Jamie Harnwell Interview | That Was A Goal
- Perth Glory profile
- Oz Football profile
- Jamie Harnwell career stats at Soccerbase
- Hat Trick against the New Zealand Knights on World Football Register