|Born||5 September 1951|
|Alma mater||National Autonomous University of Mexico, El Colegio de México and the University of Chicago|
|Occupation||Academic and historian|
|Employer||El Colegio de México|
Francisco Javier Garciadiego Dantán (born on 5 September 1951) is a Mexican historian specialized in the Mexican Revolution who currently serves as president of El Colegio de México. He is a former director-general of the National Institute of Historical Studies on the Mexican Revolutions (INEHRM), has authored several books and holds the 12th seat of the Mexican Academy of History, where he substituted the late Beatriz de la Fuente.
Garciadiego graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Political Science from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). He received a doctorate degree in History at El Colegio de México (1982) and completed a second one in History of Latin America at the University of Chicago, in the United States, where he was advised by Friedrich Katz.
He joined El Colegio de México as a professor in 1991 and has worked as visiting scholar at St Anthony's College, University of Oxford; University of Chicago; Trinity College, Dublin; Complutense University of Madrid and University of Salamanca. On 25 March 2009 he was awarded the Great Cross of the Order of Isabella the Catholic by the Government of Spain.
- Rudos contra científicos: la Universidad Nacional durante la Revolución Mexicana (El Colegio de México, 1996)
- La Revolución Mexicana: crónicas, documentos, planes y testimonios (UNAM, 2003)
- Alfonso Reyes (Planeta, 2003)
- "Javier Garciadiego CV" (in Spanish). Academia Mexicana de la Historia. Retrieved 2009-11-11.
- Martínez, Fabiola (2005-09-15). "Javier Garciadiego, director del Colmex". La Jornada (in Spanish) (Mexico City). Retrieved 2009-11-10.
- Palapa Quijas, Fabiola (2008-09-04). "Javier Garciadiego ingresó como colegiado a la Academia Mexicana de la Historia". La Jornada (in Spanish) (Mexico City). Retrieved 2009-11-10.
- Aguilar Sosa, Yanet (2008-03-16). ""México no merece tirarse a la modorra": Javier Garciadiego". El Universal (in Spanish) (Mexico City). Retrieved 2009-11-10.
- "Cuatro mexicanos reciben la Gran Cruz de Isabel La Católica". El Universal (in Spanish) (Madrid). EFE. 2009-03-25. Retrieved 2009-11-11.