|Member of the New Hampshire Senate
from the 2nd district
|Preceded by||Deborah Reynolds|
Jeanie Forrester is a Republican member of the New Hampshire Senate, representing the 2nd district since 2010. A businesswoman by trade, Forrester sits on the Finance and Public/Municipal Affairs committees.
Forrester was born in Michigan and moved to New Hampshire in 1985. After her graduation from the University of New Hampshire, she went to work for then-Governor John H. Sununu. During this time, Forrester juggled work and further education, eventually earning a Masters in Business Administration from the Whittemore School of Business and Economics.
Jeanie Forrester has had the following political experience:
- Senator, New Hampshire State Senate, 2010-present
Current Legislative Committees
Jeanie Forrester has been a member of the following committees:
- Finance, Member
- Public and Municipal Affairs, Vice Chair
Jeanie Forrester has had the following professional experience:
- Co-Owner/Chief Executive Officer, Forrester Environmental Services, Incorporated, present
- Former Executive Director, Governors Initiatives Program for Excellence in Education, Governor John H. Sununu
- Former Legislative Aid, Governor Sununu
- Former Town Administrator, Tuftonboro
- Former Town Administrator, New Durham
- Former Executive Director, Main Street Program, Meredith, New Hampshire
- Former Executive Director, Main Street Program, Plymouth, New Hampshire
- Former Staff Member, New Hampshire Governor John Sununu
- Former Teacher, Business Language, Houston Community College
- Former Secretary, Exxon
Forrester announced her candidacy on April 8, 2010. In the Republican primary in September, she bested then-State Representative Fran Wendelboe by 911 votes. On election day, which saw a Republican sweep at the state level, Forrester defeated her Democratic opponent, State Senator Deborah Reynolds.
- "Senator Jeanie Forrester's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved 2 December 2012.
|This article about a New Hampshire politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|