|Birth name||Jeff Berlin|
|Born||January 17, 1953|
|Origin||Queens, New York|
Style and appreciation
In a review for his album Low Standards, Bass Musician Magazine says "Anytime I mention [Jeff Berlin], there seems to be a ripple in the force and the wave of Berlin supporters or antagonists come to the surface and spout-off their opinions. No matter where you stand regarding Jeff’s musical philosophy, no one can reasonably deny the simple fact that Jeff seriously knows his craft and is one of the major players of our time."
- Mulhern, Tom, ed. (1993). Bass Heroes: Styles, Stories & Secrets of 30 Great Bass Players : from the Pages of Guitar Player Magazine. Backbeat Books. ISBN 978-0-87930-274-0. Retrieved 2013-07-24.
- Mulhern, Tom (1993). Bass Heroes: Styles, Stories & Secrets of 30 Great Bass Players : from the Pages of Guitar Player Magazine. Backbeat Books. p. 69. ISBN 978-0-87930-274-0. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- Ake, David Andrew (2010). Jazz Matters: Sound, Place, and Time Since Bebop. University of California Press. p. 144. ISBN 978-0-520-26688-9. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- "Low Standards: Jeff Berlin". Bass Musician Magazine.
- "Jeff Berlin: Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger!". Bass Inside. September 2002. Archived from the original on 2007-03-11. Retrieved 2013-07-24.