Jeff Davis (writer)
June 13, 1975 |
Milford, Connecticut, United States
|Occupation||Writer, television producer|
Jeff Davis (born June 13, 1975) is an American writer and television producer.
Davis was born in Milford, Connecticut. He graduated from Vassar College with a degree in film and he then went on to receive a master's degree in screenwriting from the University of Southern California. Davis worked as a script reader, editorial assistant, writer for computer software manuals and computer support specialist in Los Angeles while struggling to sell his own writing.
Movie and television career
In 2011, Davis began talks with MTV about a reboot of the Michael J. Fox '80s comedy Teen Wolf. He says he jumped at the project due to his love of the horror genre. He notes among his influences writers Stephen King and Thomas Harris. Davis has also stated that he is a fan of The X-Files, Cheers, and Moonlighting. As executive producer, head writer and show creator, Jeff Davis is the creative force behind MTV's Teen Wolf.
Before Teen Wolf was officially set to film in Los Angeles after the second season ended, Davis split his time between Los Angeles and Atlanta, Georgia where he filmed the show. Davis directed and co-wrote the series adaption of the Swedish horror film Låt den rätte komma in, for the US Television A&E.
- Four join MTV's 'Teen Wolf' gang[dead link]
- "Never Love A Wild Thing". Teenwolf.tumblr.com. July 28, 2013. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- Bricker, Tierney (August 17, 2012). "Teen Wolf Boss Talks Stiles and Derek's Popularity, Shipping and More". E! Online. Retrieved December 15, 2012.
- Moore, Debi (December 14, 2009). "Casting Update and More Plot Details on MTV's Teen Wolf Series". Dreadcentral.com. Retrieved October 31, 2013.
- Miska, Brad (March 17, 2015). "“Let the Right One In” Becomes A&E Series". Bloody-Disgusting.com. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- Jeff Davis (July 2, 2014). Dog Days of Summer: Teen Wolf Showrunner Jeff Davis Talks Season 4. The Huffington Post. Interview with Savas Abadsidis. Retrieved July 2, 2015.
- Jeff Davis (March 4, 2015). Entrepreneurs: Jeff Davis, Creator of Criminal Minds & MTV's Teen Wolf. Interview with Johnathan Cardillo. Retrieved July 2, 2015.