|8 – Jeff Kellogg|
Kellogg in 2009
August 29, 1961 |
|MLB debut||June 13, 1991|
|Career highlights and awards|
Jeffrey William Kellogg (born August 29, 1961) is an umpire in Major League Baseball who has worked in the National League from 1991 to 1999 and throughout both major leagues since 2000. He wears uniform number 8 and for the 2014 season, he is a member of crew E.
Kellogg has umpired in two Major League Baseball All-Star Games (1997, 2009), seven Division Series (1998, 2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011), six League Championship Series (1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2012), and four World Series (2000, 2003, 2008, 2010).
On April 27, 2012 in a game between the Baltimore Orioles and Oakland A's, Kellogg tackled a shirtless man who had run onto the field and slid into home plate at Oriole Park at Camden Yards after the man had eluded Baltimore police for nearly two minutes.
- "Umpires by 2013 MLB Crew Grouping, as of June 23rd". closecallsports.com. June 23, 2013. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- No-Hitter - MLB Topics ESPN.com. Retrieved 14 June 2012
- Buehrle hurls no-hitter to lead ChiSox over Rangers ESPN.com. Retrieved July 30, 2012
- Video: Umpire Jeff Kellogg tackles fan on the field cbssports.com.
- Umpires for Wild Card Games, Division Series announced Darling, Kellogg Will Serve As Crew Chiefs for Wild Card Games; Davis, DeMuth, Gorman and West Assigned to Lead Division Series Crews. MLB.com. Retrieved October 5, 2012.