Jennifer Trynin, also credited as Jen Trynin, is an American singer-songwriter and author from Boston, Massachusetts.
She recorded her debut album Cockamamie in 1994 at the age of thirty-one while running her own desktop publishing business. The track "Better Than Nothing" received considerable airplay on alternative rock radio stations across the United States. She later released her second album, Gun Shy Trigger Happy, in 1997.
Trynin most recently played guitar for Dave Wanamaker's band Loveless. Their CD, Gift to the World was produced by her husband Mike Denneen, with whom she is raising a child.
Trynin released a book entitled Everything I'm Cracked Up to Be in 2006 about her experience in the music industry.
with the band LOVELESS
- For the Love of Harry: Everybody Sings Nilsson (CD) Music Masters Jazz – 1995 (track "Mourning Glory Story")
- Safe and Sound: A Benefit in Response to the Brookline Clinic Violence (CD) Mercury Records – 1996 (track "Don't Take It Out On Me")
- Respond – A Compilation by Boston Women to Benefit Respond, Inc. (CD) Signature Sounds – 1999 (track "Sad Girl")
- Viva Noel: a Q Division Christmas (CD) Q Division – 1999 (track "The Christmas Song")
- (1995) Better Than Nothing (Modern Rock Tracks #15, Mainstream Rock Tracks #40, Billboard Hot 100 #74)