Jennings Township, Owen County, Indiana
General store in Cataract, within the township
Location in Owen County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||20.06 sq mi (52.0 km2)|
|• Land||19.59 sq mi (50.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.47 sq mi (1.2 km2) 2.34%|
|Elevation||751 ft (229 m)|
|• Density||43.2/sq mi (16.7/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46120, 47460, 47868|
|GNIS feature ID||0453508|
Jennings Township was organized in 1842. It was named for T. C. Jennings, who played an active role in its establishment.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 20.06 square miles (52.0 km2), of which 19.59 square miles (50.7 km2) (or 97.66%) is land and 0.47 square miles (1.2 km2) (or 2.34%) is water.
- Cataract at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Maze Cemetery.
- Paradise Lake
- Cloverdale Community Schools
- State House District 46
- State Senate District 37
- "Jennings Township, Owen County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 806.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Jennings Township
||Cloverdale Township, Putnam County|
|Jackson Township||Taylor Township|
|Morgan Township||Montgomery Township|