Jenny Hill (journalist)
|Education||Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies|
|Notable credit(s)||Central News
BBC Channel Islands
BBC Look North
Jenny Hill is a British news reporter and television journalist who works for the BBC. She is a reporter for BBC Breakfast as well as being a crime correspondent and regional reporter for the North of England region. In addition she is a relief presenter on BBC Look North.
Following post graduate studies at Cardiff University's School of Journalism, Hill joined Central Television in Birmingham as a reporter. When the BBC established its television news service for the Channel Islands she returned home to present the evening bulletins and to work as a reporter, presenter and producer in Jersey and Guernsey. This was followed by a move to Grimsby to work for BBC Look North for the Humber region, after which she moved to Hull, where she presented the region's breakfast bulletins.
After working in Hull she moved to the Yorkshire and North Midlands edition of the BBC's Look North, where she is a stand-in presenter and the programme's crime correspondent. In 2009 Hill became a regional reporter for the North of England on BBC Breakfast and the BBC News Channel.
Among the high profile stories Hill worked on for Look North are the 2007 United Kingdom floods and the trial and conviction of the killer of Lesley Molseed. Nationally she has covered events including the severe winter weather of 2009-10 and 2010-11, and the murder of Joanna Yeates. On Sunday 23 September 2012, she was joint presenter of "BBC Breakfast".
- "Presenters: Jenny Hill". Look North. BBC Humber. 23 December 2005. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- "Presenters: Jenny Hill". Look North. BBC. 12 June 2008. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- Hill, Jenny (21 December 2009). "Weather causes travel disruption". BBC News. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- Hill, Jenny (30 November 2010). "Is working from home the answer to snow disruption?". BBC News. Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- Hill, Jenny (1 December 2010). "'No let up for commuters' in snow". Today (BBC News). Retrieved 30 December 2010.
- "Fears in Bristol as police investigate Jo Yeates murder". BBC News. 6 January 2011. Retrieved 30 December 2010.