30 March 1989 |
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, Video Director, Dancer, Creative Director, Actress, Producer|
|Labels||Epic, Ministry Of Sound, Virgin (current)|
Jessica "Jessie" Eden Malakouti, better known by her stage name Eden xo is an American singer-songwriter, actress and dancer.
- 1 Career
- 2 Discography
- 3 Filmography
- 4 Tours
- 5 References
- 6 External links
At age 16, Eden xo emancipated herself from her parents, graduated high school two years early, and moved to Hollywood to pursue her show business dreams.
Soon after arriving in Hollywood, Eden xo started an all girl punk rock band called Shut Up Stella and thus began her professional career in music.
2006-2009: Shut Up Stella and songwriting
In 2006 Eden xo's all girl punk rock band, Shut Up Stella, signed with Epic Records. Shut Up Stella's music appeared in a variety of media between 2007–2008; "Watch Me Rain" was featured in MTV's "Sweet 16 The Movie" and "Welcome to My Party" appeared in the 2008 films "Girl Positive" and Baby Mama. On March 27, 2008 Shut Up Stella was dropped by Epic and Eden xo decided to go solo.
The result of this time was a single called "Standing Up for The Lonely"  which was released on British dance label Ministry of Sound. "Standing Up For The Lonely" also appeared in The Annual 2010 (2009,Ministry of Sound) and Dance Nation 2 (2009, Ministry of Sound) compilation albums.
2010-2013: Jessie and the Toy Boys and other projects
Jessie and the Toy Boys was launched in March 2010 with the first single "Push It" being released in February 2011 which peaked at 7 on the Billboard dance chart. As well as "Push It", on the same day, "Valentine" and "We Own The Night" were also released. These songs were used by The CW Network in their general promos for the network, as well as the station's written "motto" in their station promos.
In June 2011, Jessie and the Toy Boys released an EP titled, Show Me Your Tan Lines, and Eden xo made her network television debut on the Conan O'Brien Show. During this time, Jessie and the Toy Boys was one of the opening acts during Britney Spears' sixth concert tour, the Femme Fatale Tour. During this time she recorded her next single, Lets Get Naughty which was released in October 2011 and performed on Femme Fatale Tour. Eden xo was a main stage act alongside Kaskade, Rusko, Steve Aoki, and Avicii on the Identity Festival. Jessie and the Toy Boys' debut album This Is How Rumours Start was due out in early 2012 but has failed to surface. Although there was no album release, Eden xo released a few YouTube videos of unreleased songs during 2012 as well as a music video for On With My Bad Self but the song was later not released.
On May 2013 Eden xo released a music video for what was originally a Toy Boys song "White Girl Wasted" under her own name, Jessie Malakouti. This had sparked rumours that she would no longer be releasing music under the name Jessie and the Toy Boys. On September 27, 2013, Eden xo uploaded a picture via her Facebook page confirming that she had signed a new recording contract with Virgin Records.
2014-present: Eden xo and "Too Cool to Dance"
On June 2, 2014, Eden xo released her debut single under the name Eden xo titled "Too Cool to Dance". This was Eden xo's first release under Virgin Records. An accompanying "homemade GIF video" was released the same day as the song premiered on iTunes. On July 23, a lyric video to the song was released onto Eden xo's official Vevo channel and an accompanying audio video was released on August 14. Throughout August and September, Eden xo released a series of remixes of "Too Cool to Dance" on her SoundCloud page. Eden xo released the official music video for "Too Cool to Dance" on September 17, 2014 on VEVO.
"Too Cool To Dance" was featured in 2014's 4th annual National Dance Day. So You Think You Can Dance producer and judge Nigel Lythgoe choreographed a special routine to the song and encouraged the public to submit their own dance videos performing the routine. 
As lead artist
|2009||"Standing Up For The Lonely"||—||—|
|—||7||Show Me Your Tan Lines|
|"We Own the Night"||—||—|
|"Let's Get Naughty"||—||19 ||This Is How Rumors Start (cancelled)|
|2012||"On With My Own Self"||—||—|
|2013||"White Girl Wasted"||—||—|
|2014||"Too Cool to Dance"||—||41||TBA|
As featured artist
|"It's Your Birthday Bitch!" (DJ Felli Fel featuring Lil Jon &Jessie Malakouti)||2012||N/A|
|"Egoísta" (English version)||2010||Belinda & Pitbull||Carpe Diem|
|2013||One Life to Live||Dusky||Recurring role|
- The Work Tour (The Saturdays) (2009)
- Femme Fatale Tour (Britney Spears) (2011)
- Identity Festival (2011)
- "Pop's Next Big Thing Jessie and the Toy Boys"
- "Shut Up Stella Split Up After Being Dropped By Epic", Popdirt.com, March 29, 2008.
- Songs from the show, episode 407, MTV.com
- Songs from the show, episode 409, MTV.com
- Xenomania's new crop of pop stars, BBC News online, September 11, 2009.
- "Listen: Jessie Malakouti - Who's That Man and Jungle Town"
- "Jessie Malakouti Stands Up for The Lonely"
- "Listen: Jessie Malakouti Who's That Man and Jungle Town"
- "Photos From Thursday, 06/09/11". Teamcoco. 2013-09-20. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Britney Spears To Tour With Nicki Minaj". MTV. 2011-04-12. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Britney Spears' Official Femme Fatale Tour Lineup and On-Sale Dates". Popdust. April 12, 2011. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- Young, Alex (2011-09-10). "Identity Festival 2011". Consequence of Sound. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Exclusive Q&A: Jessie and the Toy Boys Play Around With ‘This Is How Rumors Start’". Ourstage.com. 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Jessie Malakouti White Girl Wasted Video Premiere"
- "EDEN - Jessie Malakouti". Facebook. Retrieved 2014-06-02.
- "Eden xo Drops Bubbly Video for Too Cool To Dance. Watch:"
- "Millennium Stage: National Dance Day 2014"
- "Billboard Hot Dance Club Play"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jessie Malakouti.|