|Known for||friend of Joan Miró|
Prats organised exhibitions for leading Iberian artists such Salvador Dalí, Pablo Picasso, Alexander Calder and his good friend Miró. He was also associated with Paul Klee, Max Ernst, Josep Vicenç Foix and Joan Brossa.
Miró formed his foundation with Prats, this foundation eventually led to the gallery in Barcelona known as Fundació Joan Miró. Prats admired Miró's ability to make things from found objects like those in The Caress of a Bird. Prats said: "When I take a stone, it is just a stone. When I grab a stone, it is a Miró."
- " John Prats Valles . "Encyclopaedia. Barcelona: Catalan Encyclopaedia Group .
- Letters to JF Garcia, 1917/1958 . Library of Catalonia , 1993, 109 -. ISBN 978-84-7845-119-7 [Accessed: 29 August 2011].
- Cirici. Catalan Contemporary Art . Edicions 62, 1970 [Accessed: 29 August 2011].
- Record of John Prats: exposure Foundation ... 20 December 1995-3 March 1996 . Foundation, 1995 * [Accessed: 29 August 2011].
- Five Catalan artist in homage to John Prats: Galería Joan Prats [New York, October 1982 ]. The Polígrafa, 1983 [Accessed: 29 August 2011].
- Information about the work the Foundation website . " Foundation, 2011. [Accessed: 18 August 2011].
- AA.DD.. The golden book of Catalan art. Ediciones Primera Plana, Barcelona, 1997.
- Clavero, J. George. Foundation. Guide to the Foundation. Barcelona: Ediciones Polígrafa, 2010. DL B.10.061.2010. ISBN 978-84-343-1242-5 .