John R. Bradley
|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (October 2013)|
John R. Bradley (Born June 6, 1970) is a British author and journalist who has written on Middle East issues for numerous publications, including The Economist, The Forward, Newsweek, The New Republic, The Daily Telegraph, Prospect and The Independent. Since early 2011 he has been a regular contributor to the The Daily Mail, a British newspaper and the British weekly magazine The Spectator, where he highlights Islamist trends in the Arab Spring. He has also appeared on television networks such as CNN and Fox News.
Bradley is best known for his 2008 book Inside Egypt which accurately predicted the Egyptian uprising of January 2011 that ousted dictator Hosni Mubarak. In May 2011, Fareed Zakaria selected Inside Egypt as his "Book of the Week" on his GPS show:
“(This) book… in a strikingly prescient way… foretold the January revolution. (It) was banned by Mubarak’s regime — and understandably so! If you want to understand how Egypt got to this crossroads, read this book.”
- Inside Egypt: The Land of the Pharaohs on the Brink of a Revolution (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2008),
- Saudi Arabia Exposed: Inside a Kingdom in Crisis (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2005).
- Behind the Veil of Vice: The Business and Culture of Sex in the Middle East (New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010).
- After the Arab Spring: How the Islamists Hijacked the Middle East Revolt (Palgrave Macmillan, December 2011).
- Contemporary Authors database
- The Daily Mail: John R. Bradley, author page
- The Spectator: John R. Bradley, author page
- John R. Bradley on CNN discussing the death of Saudi King Fahd
- John R. Bradley on Fox News discussing the Egyptian revolution
- Intelligence Squared. John R Bradley
- CNN World. Global Public Square. Book of the Week: Banned by Mubarak regime May 23rd, 2011
- Saudi Monarchy: Part of the Problem or Part of the Solution? Featuring John R. Bradley and Rachel Bronson July 7, 2005
- William Grimes, "A Glimpse of Forces Confronting Saudi Rule", The New York Times, August 17, 2005,
- "Unveiling the Middle East's Sex Industry," Salon.com, September 27, 2010,
- Debate. Why this is the moment Libya's Islamic extremists have prayed for| dailymail.co.uk